Still no North Texas Group??

WHY??? This has kind of discouraged me. Dont get me wrong i love the saltwater hobby. Have done it for far longer than most people on this board. Yes, my tank isn't extreme like some in the metro area. We don't have any stores here worth a hoot. That didn't keep me from having a nice reef aquarium. My time has become limited to the most extreme these days due to my job. My tank hasn't really suffered due to this, But after 31 years now in the hobby i have decided to move on with other things in my life. Don't get me wrong i am still intrigued and love this hobby. This is a great group of people with much more experience than one can ever learn in a life time. I may be moving to a new location soon. I was just hopeing for more from this one horse town...One can always Dream.. [smilie=lol.gif] . A local club would have been nice...but i don't see it happening in my life time. I have posted here alot...not so much lately and no one seems to be interested. Maybe there all busy like myself. I understand that. I just wanted to thank a really great guy named " Acrodisiac " who gave me some really nice corals and showed me his amazing reef tank and is a true reefnut like myself. Thanks man!...sorry im getting out. Reef on everybody.....i fear the oceans are past no-return these days!

Hopefully North Texas.. (Wichita Falls Aquarium Group) will come together and start and amazing reef club like DFWMAS
has become.

Don't forget to support your local stores......They need us and we need them.

We're gonna miss you Michael. Good people like you are hard to come by. Like Marc said, don't be a stranger. And when you decide to get back in, shoot me a pm and I'll help you get started. [smilie=smile.gif]

Hate to see you get out of the hobby. I'm sure you'll dip back into it sooner or later. I would have loved to have started a Wichita Falls club but i fear we would have a hard time finding people to run it. If you stay in the hobby we will make this happen...for real this time. I know i can get one more person with a good amount of knowledge to join in with us. That's three so far...I'm sure you have one or two that would do it for sure.

Think about it.

Thanks for the kind words. Your a true reef nut yourself!

Lets get together next weekend and talk about this hobby. We can have meets at various locations.

I'll bring a frag and we'll do a free raffle for it. It will be a NICE frag...not xenia or GSP.

For real lets do this guys/gals.

How do we set this up....what's the next step? Vote on pres, vice pres, treasure, get a web page? Help me out here if your are interested.

Jason

Salt pro, you have probably been around the falls the longest, any suggestions on a good solid location where to meet?

Hi All
Most new clubs start out in peoples homes or at the LFS.
First you will have to decide on date and time.
Joe

Good luck getting this together guys, it's nice seeing yall trying tp pull it together. This is how you help grow the hobby and it will be better for all

Well if yall dont mind the drive to henrietta I have access to the community room at the hospital here. Just let me know what you think? Maybe we could even bounce around, one month meet here then the next month in wichita or something.

All of you are really great. I just wanted to say that. I still have my tank and have wanted to sell it badly,..lately. I havent been on here often at all. I must say i will always love this hobby. It gives me peace and relaxation. I havent been to any meetings and have only met two of you on here. I must say both were great individuals and i could tell by meeting them they were passionate about the hobby. Although, i have been to many sales (events) and around some of you and kept quiet about whom i was. Im sort of a quiet ,sit back and observe type of person. OK, maybe not on the forums but in person. I have been up in the air about selling my tank and selling my house and moving and starting over. This has plagued me for quite some time now. I was thinking of living a simplier life...crazy right? I wanted to get some acreage somewhere and live my life on my own terms. Teach my kids whats important in life. Maybe i was just trying to run away from all the bad news we here everyday. Just maybe....to raise my kids knowing we dont need all the things and gadgets we have become accustomed to. I was dreaming of showing them a simplier, yet fulfilling life when i was a child. Maybe this isnt a realistic thing to do, but thats what i had in my head. What does this have to do with getting out of this awesome hobby you may ask? I dont know, but i felt it was something i have to do.

Take care
Michael

I moved into base housing. It was killing us to pay the rent and the insane utilities in Burk. Living on base is much cheaper!

Lets try to meet in a central location. Would Wichita Falls be central enough for everyone? How about next Saturday?

We can meet at Chedders in Wichita Falls and if anyone is up for checking out my tank my door is open. grod's hose is close to mine so he may be down for showing off his reef as well.

How's that? I'll call and set up reservations so they expect us. Let me know who can make it!

Jason

@Acrodisiac wrote:
I moved into base housing. It was killing us to pay the rent and the insane utilities in Burk. Living on base is much cheaper! Lets try to meet in a central location. Would Wichita Falls be central enough for everyone? How about next Saturday? We can meet at Chedders in Wichita Falls and if anyone is up for checking out my tank my door is open. grod's hose is close to mine so he may be down for showing off his reef as well. ? How's that? I'll call and set up reservations so they expect us. Let me know who can make it! Jason said:
Let me know the time(Lunch maybe???). Me and the Mrs. will be there.