Starphire glasscages nem tank

I emailed them because I am buying Drew's prop tank and asked if it was tempered. They replied that they use no tempered glass. I'm sure most people would just buy the tank drilled, but in case any of you ever need to know.

Angela

Angela,
You nearly gave me a heart-attack, when I read your title, and the first line of the post. I thought you were going to say that something had happened to the tank on the way home, or that it had cracked while trying to drill it. Hopefully you made it back okay, and keep us updated with pics of what you decide to do with the tank.
Thanks again,
Drew

Sorry Drew. It made it home fine and now has two holes in the bottom.

IMG_1149.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1148.jpg
alt="">

IMG_1147.jpg
alt="">

And Triton...I don't have that many darn it! We all can't be as perfect as you and only have 1. :D Your right though. I do need a patch. I'm TELLING you if they are plumbed into the 265 they don't count at all. Drew you should go by that motto too! Then you only have 1 tank! Your lucky that you wife is a reef addict too.

Seriously though my count is:
265 gallon
30 gallon clam tank (doesn't count) LOL
55 gallon marine planted
3 gallon pico (can't count it either. It's too little)

SOO...that's 2! :D

The ones in the garage don't count either BTW.

As for what's going in this one...I have some really specific plans for it that will hopefully be coming into play the first part of August. Don't want to jinx it though. Stay tuned!

Angela,
I forgot to show you the 3 DAS rack systems I have in the garage, as well as the two 210 vats full of water.
It's an addiction.

Hello, I'm Drew, and I'm a reefaholic...

Actually the rack tanks are empty, but they do make great dry storage for aquarium goods.
Most of the frags came out of my 270 and 180.

Chris,
You are in no way helping me with my addiction.
You're more like the guy that shows up with extra matches and more gasoline to a bonfire.

Drew, i like your location description. Do you shop at aquatic trading alot? Have you been to the new store? It seems like youd be a block away.

I get in there on occasion, and yes I'm about a block away. I don't get in there as often as I'd like, mainly because when I'm driving by I'm on my way home from work, and all I want to do is get home and change.

Triton, then you would have two tanks. :D The tank is 3/8" and HEAVY. For it's size it's unbelievably heavy. My 265 is the same or a tiny bit thicker.

For any update, Marc is building me an overflow box, metal stand is on the way as well as lighting, plumbing goodies, and some Pukani rock (dry). This will be used along with a bunch of live rock I already own. I really wanted tonga branch, but didn't particularly want to do the horrible awful curing thing and DF&S is out of the small box of branch. I don't need 72 lbs. I am going to cook the dry Pukani before anyone says it.

I think we will frame the metal stand with panels and use earth magnets to attach them.

FYI DFS is having a sale on their live rock large boxes. All my rock came from them and I feel it is nice stuff. Also Plano Pets (went yesterday) had a bunch of tonga branch for sale.

What lighting are you going to get? T5 or MH?

I may be moving soon, so I probally wont have two tanks, maybe even half a tank (possible down grade :sad: )

It will have t5's. A four bulb 36" fixture.

Looks like a good deal from F&S. Not branch though. I just don't know if I can deal with curing live rock. It's been a long time, but not long enough. Ammonia off the charts, stinky house...I would love to seed the tank with some fresh rock. Very tempting at that price.

I really just want a few really long nice pieces of branch.

I used fiji premium cured from DFS and I had to actually add ammonia to kick off the cycle- it was nice and coraline covered and _very_ cured.

Interesting. Just checked it out and the shipping was $71.00, so not that cheap after you count that. I guess I will have to find some at a LFS. Anyone seen any big branch pieces at any of the stores lately? I am looking for some pretty long pieces.

Angela