spongodes color.

I don't know if this helps you, but I got mine as a small frag and it wouldn't grow at all. Then I moved it to a area with better flow and more light, and boom... Now it is growing and growing fast and the green is very beautiful.

I also have to mention that I switched from MH to LED, which has made a world of difference for my sps.

Here is a pic of what it looks like now, it took about a year to go from a plug size frag to this
4e2a7yse.jpg
alt="">

Mine grows like crazy. When i had ot in trash alley one branch grew into the glass. When i moved it back up with the sps the tip of that branch had a shine to it from growing so flat. No lie, 24 hours later it had about 1/16th of a crust crust growing up.

Still the same story. Great polyp extension, fast growth. No color. Not even coloring up a little. I have monti caps, chalices and acros all with amazing color. Even some of the coral that came from the same place has improved in color. I have no idea why this one wont color up.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383628645.352294.jpg[/attachment]
The donut shape on the tallest branch is the new growth. A few days ago that would have been so flat it would shine. So any ideas? Not enough light?

I'd slowly move it up more and more over a few weeks. It was at the very top of my tank under a lot of LEDs.

@franklypre wrote:
I'd slowly move it up more and more over a few weeks. It was at the very top of my tank under a lot of LEDs. said:
Will do. I'm loving the joes acro and the appleberry i picked up from you. The growth is slower then I expected but ive always kept softies. O and the chalice is just beautiful. Its grown to roughly 20 eyes and the color is vibrant. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383633196.384985.jpg[/attachment]

That has grown out and is coloring up nicely, might have to frag it before to long. I've always liked how long the sweeper get at night, it's the hungriest chalice I've ever had.

I'm about to trade off that Joes acro frag. It looks beautiful but I really want more chalice after seeing how well yours is doing. But I'm picking up a BGM and Miami hurricane. Ill send some back your way after its fragable.