Sea grass tank. Hmmmm.

The speaker at the frag swap today, Scott Fellman, talked a bit about sea grass tanks in his talk about biotopes. Really interesting talk. It got me to thinking.
I think once I've got the 100g plumbed in with my existing 75, I'm going to move most everything from the 75 to the 100. Then I think I'm going to do a sea grass biotope in the 75.

Ashlar had his 55g display refuguim heavily populated with sea grasses at one point, not sure if he still does or not...

I've tried 'em before in my refuguim, never could get 'em to take off though, I suspect they were out-competed by the algaes... Could make for a very interesting, and different, tank!

Yup, I've got two different kinds- one is turtle grass which grows slowly, and another is a thinner type that throws out runners like the grass in your lawn.

yeah he got me interested in the star grass. ive been looking at the sites he spoke of and it a decent price i might have to clear some space but it think im going to do it

If you are gonna try it I would avoid the Turtle Grass. I've messed with it before and it grows very slow and can have very sensitive roots. I'd go with some of the smaller, faster growing species.

I think a seagrass/cuttlefish tank would be awesome! I am planning on doing that for version 3.0 of my 190

@SaltNewbie wrote:
yeah he got me interested in the star grass. ive been looking at the sites he spoke of and it a decent price i might have to clear some space but it think im going to do it said:
let me know if you order some i might be interested in jumping in on the order once my new tank is up and running

I've got a 90 that's 6' long which I plan to divide up into 3rds with grass on one end, sand in the middle, and rubble on the other end. Probably put in some sea horses, pipe fish, and gobies. Scott got me thinking about Ricordia propogation too...