Scoly shipment

aechild

Membership Expired
Just received my new Scoly from live aquaria, and its been in my aquarium for about 6 hours and it still showing the skeletal structure on the edges. This is my first scoly and the 2nd or 3rd coral Ive bought online. Is this just due to the shipment or should I be contacting liveaquaria?
live%20aquaria_zpsfy6eg9o1.jpg
alt="">

I don't believe you have anything to worry about at *this time* ... it doesn't look bad having just been shipped. Keep this picture and more if you want to log it all. You have 14 days on the guarantee. ... Arrive Alive Stay Alive

What else do you have in your tank what does it look like? The coral definitely looks alive I agree no concern seeing a scoly like that if you can explain it. I would however expect it to be normal puffy self after 6 hours. That's why I ask what else is in the tank.

It seems to be trending in the right direction. Although the recession around the edges is bothersome has anyone one had any success with partial refunds for damaged or not as pictured corals? I want to see if it recovers but the high price-tag for this now seems unfair.
20151216_105922_zpsbe5wapsc.jpg
alt="">

That scoly is not dead, if I was LA I would not refund you.
I would say scolys are a pretty hard shipper. and like previously stated you have 2 weeks. Also LA will never question you on a dead item atleast they have never questioned me. you do not have to provide picks.
And IMO you are not seeing recession on the edges, it not fully opened because it is not happy for some reason.

What lights are above it? what else is in the tank, and what do those corals look like?
What are your water perimeters?

Direct feed it some mysis or brine. Mine has some recession when I first got it and healed all up within a month.