RODI hooked up to washer.....help

I have always hooked my rodi up to my sink in the kitchen when ever I used it. I am moving into my new house this weekend and want to hook it up to my laundry room/washing machine spicket. Im assuming I need to buy some plumbing parts but I dont know what. Anyone have any pics or some advice?

You are going to need a Y connection to connect the coldwater line to your washer and your RO unit.

hosebib_on_splitter.jpg
alt="">

I have my setup in my garage but the water inlet is hooked up from the laundry room. Just bought a Y connector from the garden section for hook up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I brew my own beer, therefore I have a valve to turn off the line going to the DI canister so I only use RO water.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

@Marc wrote:
You are going to need a Y connection to connect the coldwater line to your washer and your RO unit. [img]http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/rodi/hosebib_on_splitter.jpg[/img] alt=""> said:
DON'T use teflon tape on garden hose threads. The seal here happens at the rubber gasket - not at the threads. If a garden hose connection leaks, replace the rubber gasket.

Russ

Question. Do you have any connection close to your garage. You can come by and see my setup. I'm doing a water change today but I took it off my bathroom sink then returned it to the same place for the waste water. Text me if you want to swing by. 972-333-3883. And if you do decide to do it. You can go to lowes in town or order you parts from BRS.

They will most likely only have plastic ones in the lawn/garden section. You might get lucky and find a brass one in the plumbing section where thy sell specialty adapters...(male/female faucet to garden hose ...etc...)

As far as a shut off valve, I mounted the RO/DI unit to a wall plate in the laundry room. Installed a shutoff valve and hung canister tool on same board. Used a washing machine hose to connect shut off valve to Y adapter.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367069488.164848.jpg[/attachment]here is how I have mine set up an it works great. I would have problems with pressure when I hooked up to the washer.

I just used a garden brass Y with the valves I keep the valve to the washer open and i put a rotorary sprinkler timer on the ro/di side so it will turn off automatically after a set time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Buckeye Field Supply wrote:
[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="You are going to need a Y connection to connect the coldwater line to your washer and your RO unit. [img]http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/rodi/hosebib_on_splitter.jpg[/img] alt=""> said:
DON'T use teflon tape on garden hose threads. The seal here happens at the rubber gasket - not at the threads. If a garden hose connection leaks, replace the rubber gasket.

Russ"]

True, that probably wasn't necessary. We don't use teflon tape when affixing garden hose or the water lines to our washing machines because of the flat washer. Thanks for pointing that out.

@pjracer wrote:
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367069488.164848.jpg[/attachment]here is how I have mine set up an it works great. I would have problems with pressure when I hooked up to the washer. said:
Now I see why some people asked about that fitting recently. Thanks for the picture.

I know this is off topic, but when you had it hooked to the sink you had to cut off the water right? I live in a apt and just hook mine up to the faucet when I use it but want to hook it up right and get it out if the way...

My rodi is from BRS and it came with all adapters so unsure if HD has them. Marc may sell them locally. Waste line went into drain. There are videos of this on you tube.

~Matt