Rick's 210 Gallon Aqueon Build

Hi guys! After my 220 Marineland reef aquarium started leaking, I decided to start over with this Aqueon 210.

Can't wait for it to be delivered on Monday!

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Getting ready for the tank to be delivered tomorrow! I am reusing my sand from the 220 aquarium I just broke down due to a leak.

I have never reused sand, but decided to save some funds as the guys from Dallas North Aquarium assured me it would be ok.

I put all of the sand in 5 gallon buckets and washed it thoroughly with tap water until the water was clear. I then put the sand out on a plastic tarp on my slanted driveway to let all the excess water drain. It's all back in 5 gallon buckets waiting for tomorrow.

[attachment=2]image.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

I also took this time to finish cleaning out my sump, both return pumps, skimmer, and refugium.

I built the refugium out of a 20 long by drilling the glass on one end for a bulk head to allow for a drain/overflow.

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

Can't wait for the aquarium to be here tomorrow! Crazy Excited!!!!!!!

Very nice. Thanks for sharing all the pictures so far.

@Rickgaas wrote:
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment] said:
Oh NO! You installed it upside down!! [smilie=rofl.gif]

Looks good! How long did you have the Marineland before it started to leak?

@integra3g wrote:
[I]@Rickgaas wrote:[/I][quote="[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment] said:
Oh NO! You installed it upside down!! [smilie=rofl.gif]

Looks good! How long did you have the Marineland before it started to leak?"]

Lol, only 3 years.. But I did move a few times. Sure that did not help.

Check out my new saltwater mixing station I just finished building! Fresh filtered water always full on the top controlled by a float switch and mixed saltwater on the bottom ready to pump all the way to my tank! No more carrying 5 gallon buckets for my water changes after I buy a hose!