Purple firefish with stomach bulge

Oscarmk

Premium Member
I have had my purple firefish for a little over a  year now, never had issues with him until this Monday, on Sunday he was behaving normal and eating normally. On Monday he started hiding when he came out to try and eat, only to spit it out I immediately noticed a big stomach bulge and a tiny bit of what seems like white poop, but looks more like a piece of white skin coming out. He still has that coming out, and it is probably only 1 mm in length, the bulge seems to be a little smaller I think. He is coming out less and less, yesterday he ate a tiny bit, but today nothing.Was thinking it was an intestinal blockage or maybe internal worms?, I have definitely never seen him poop white. He is not looking too good, what can I do?. I have prazi pro which might do something, but also rather not dose it if it won't do anything. Catching the fish would be pretty hard but doable I think, any recommended treatments?. I have dosed prazi before - I do 7 days, then 7 days off and another 7 days, would this be the best approach?http://i66.tinypic.com/1zo85ki.png

You may need to feed it medicated foods, assuming it eats anything.  That would help force out potential worms in the fish's intestines.

Posted by: melev You may need to feed it medicated foods said:
Thank you, I dosed prazi pro today, since he wasn't eating anymore, unfortunately he passed away today :(. I found him dead at the bottom... the other fish are definitely good. He still has the buldge, could it have been a tumor?. I took him out and put him in fresh tap water, to see if any potential flukes came out, not sure if they leave after death, but nothing came out. I suspected flukes on my flasher wrasse earlier - due to very ocassional flashing, but took him out did a 6 min fresh water dip and nothing. This was 4 months ago I think, he is doing great. Not sure what got my fire fish. No other signs of disease.Just checked I had him for exactly 1 year 7 months.. he was always full size, not sure if it could have been old age, since some sites claim only a 3 year life span, but that seems too little to me. My royal gramma and clownfish are 5 years now.