prevent fish in overflow

agamez214

Membership Expired
so ive googled and found sum good ideas to prevent tiny fish going into overflow and lookin to see what suggestions ull have of cons and pros sum ppl say use eggcrate at an angle or fish line or sponge but iam also not to makr an eye sour but this is best suggestion so far if u have a better one I wanna know

thanks in advance for ur time

yea thats one concern I didnt think of.....any recommendations....maybe thicker foam so it will b like 1/2 above overflow??

If you have a glass or screen top you could build up the foam so it touches the top. Or maybe plexiglass or acrylic at an angle so the fish flops off.

I wouldn't use foam, it is a nitrate factory.. use mesh or acrylic on top. I've had fish jump into the overflow, but have never seen one go down through the teeth. Suppose its possible though... think you don't want to do is restrict flow or cause a nitrate maker.

yea thats what ima do...since im buildin the tank ima cut 1/4 black acrylic and weld tabs inside overflow for it to sit on w a 1/2 circle on corner to pull off if needed

You can go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get some gutter guard and build a vertical wall to prevent them getting in the overflow.
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]