Presumably dead sea hare - what to do?

So I got a blue spot sea hare a little over a month ago, and it disappeared after a few days. Another reefer got one the same time I did and his died within a day and was found in his sump. I'm guessing mine is dead as well but I've never come across any remains. This thing was pretty big (about the size of a mouse) so it seems crazy that it could have died and been cleaned by my clean up crew without me seeing. So far so good in terms of water - no spikes in anything so far. The thing I'm worried about is it fouling my water with ink. When something that inks dies, does the ink get released when the body decomposes/gets eaten by CUC?

I can only offer "hear say" advice, but from what I have read/heard... If it were to ink it would be as it dies and not days later. I am with you though that if it were to die you would notice something that large being fed on. Check every where right as the lights go out and come one and you might still find it. Assuming you have lots of algae for it to feed on... Look around and see if you see any areas that are looking cleaner.

Witt

i've had a different species of sea hare and i've seen it "ink" a cool purple ink when it is frightened (i.e. me picking it up to move it to some algae), not necessarily when it's dying. After inking I did not see any adverse effects, and moreover, I've had one die in a location I could not reach in my tank and luckily nothing bad happened. Granted, my tank is very mature, etc. but obviously if you see it died it's best to take it out.

I have 2 of the drak green sea hares and seem to thrive. From what I was told by a LFS they stopped ordering the pretty blue spot once cause they die off a lot.