Pool safe + phosfree

Lance

Membership Expired
Has anyone ever used Pool safe + phosfree. This is what it states on the bottle and I was not sure if it was the same as Phosfree or not.

I would use just phosfree...that's what I used to lower my phosphates. They have a commercial strength phos free it has more lanthium in it.
The other is pool clarifier that you use to prep your pool after winter.

@kuyatwo wrote:
I would use just phosfree...that's what I used to lower my phosphates. They have a commercial strength phos free it has more lanthium in it. The other is pool clarifier that you use to prep your pool after winter. said:
Can you explain more? Dosing amount, etc?

I have the good stuff. Your welcome to a cup or two. Thats waay more than you should ever need. Cleared up my cyano finally.

@mmiller40 wrote:
I have the good stuff. Your welcome to a cup or two. Thats waay more than you should ever need. Cleared up my cyano finally. said:
could i purchase some from you and any info on use/dosing?

@Sherman wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="I would use just phosfree...that's what I used to lower my phosphates. They have a commercial strength phos free it has more lanthium in it. The other is pool clarifier that you use to prep your pool after winter. said:
Can you explain more? Dosing amount, etc?"]
+1
Good question, I would like to know how much to use also. [smilie=tongueout.gif]

I measure my phos and put maybe 5 ml a time a day. I slowly lowered the phosphates not to shock the corals. Also if you put too much it makes the tank cloudy

I ordered the food safe 5 micron filter bags from a bio diesel company. They fit my trigger sump perfectly. I mixed a spoonful up in a gallon of water and dripped into my overflow. Did not see clouding of the aquarium. The skimmer went a little nuts. Did this twice and my 3 month plus cyano issues disappeared in a week. Not into testing stuff stuff, I only own a Alk test kit. I did read if you dont use a 10 micron or less filter sock the particals of bound phosphate and calcium can stick in your fish's gills.

It was 40$ a for a gallon. http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Chemicals/Pool-Adjusters/14105.html

I squirt mine into the skimmer that is why I don't do more than 5ml at a time.

Hey Mitch..........give me a ring @ 2142157476. I still need to get the reactor from you if you still have it as well.