Pictures from Ryan's (Servo) Tank *New Pics Added*

JasonJones

Premium Member
I went to Ryan's house last night so I had to bring the camera along. His tank is doing incredible and I am really looking forward to watching it mature. I wish we would have had a photobox, so these were taken above the water so some have a glare. Here are some of the pictures: unfortunantely saving them for web has made then lose a little bit of the true color, but the corals are remarkable none the less.

I have more pictures, but frankly I am tired of doing the editing work on them. Putting the border and sizing gets tedious. Perhaps I will be able to work on them some more in a couple of days.

450g in wall. BB w/starboard. 4 x 400w 10,000k reeflux. Trigger Systems, skimmer and sump. Ca reactor

That is the quick run down, he can give you more specifics.

Jason you should use your batch processing on the images. Record the steps you do to one picture, then you can run in on all other pictures.

I crop every picture different, and sometimes I do the auto-correct at different stages, depends on which gives me the most accurate color. If I dont like what the auto-correct gives me, I will adjust it myself back to the way it looked in person. I could do it that way if I was a better photographer and only got the area I wanted with the pics, but I am not, so thats what I am left with.

Ryan that Dr. Mac frag that you got in D.C. is it holding that blue that it had? Man I loved that coral, but that was one that I bought there that did not make it. :cry: Hopefully yours will grow like a weed. :wink:
I did get those 400 watt ReefLux bulbs last week. Man do they bring out the blue in stuff. It's crazy how the blue looks like it is painted with some flourescent blue paint.

This stupid thread is going to make me order new bulbs, I know it. Knock it off, y'all. :lol:

I agree Marc. I just got back from Indy where the place that I was at was using those new Reeflux bulbs. Pretty amazing colors from them.

Chris

Not to act like the consumer advocate, but REALLY, I have used XM's, Ushios and Hamilton bulbs. Over the past 10 years I can not recall better looking corals. The corals that always appeared iridescent under VHO's now look like there is some little battery inside to light up the neon colors.

On the other hand Marc, Rick may not want you to pick up new bulbs. No one will be able to tease you about all of your corals looking green :p .

IMO TUNZE is to water motion as these bulbs are to light!!!! Need more convincing check this out

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=622727

If anyone wants to buy a couple and give them to me as a present, I'll take them. I need 250w SE bulbs, please. :lol:

Just do what I did Marc, find three people that are going to spend some money on you for christmas and when they ask for ideas, you say 250 watt ReefFlux bulb. Steve's wife asked Cindy and I told her to buy a bulb and then when my wife asked me I said just buy me two of these bulbs. They don't understand it but at least I got the bulbs and did not have to wait tilll Christmas for them.

As far I have heard they come only in 250 and 400 watt single ended. And when you start making a bulb in double ended hqi's it is a totally different.

Well, you guys did it. You made me go out and sell a pair of perfectly good XM bulbs so that I could order the reefflux bulbs. I hope you are happy. I'm hoping to get them in by Christmas so that I can spread some holiday cheer to my tank.

Chris