Pete's 110 build

thanks Marc

thanks Brad

<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

the Apex control module finally came in, but I wont beable to get back on my light dimmin mod until next week [smilie=sadsmile.gif]

but on a positive note I did pick up a very nice aussie elegance [smilie=clapping.gif]

[attachment=1]elegance.jpg[/attachment]

with super hot pink tips
[attachment=0]elegance hot pink tips.jpg[/attachment]

I also ordered a couple of those knock off DC pumps on the group buy. They will be way more then I need for the tank so I'll end up slowing them down a tad them with lower voltage or a potentiometer.

a couple more pics from tonight

one of my 3 duncans - started as a 2 head rescue
[attachment=2]duncan n2.jpg[/attachment]

favia - started with about 4-5 heads
[attachment=1]favia.jpg[/attachment]

the Candy Apple Reds still look nice - started with a single polyp
[attachment=0]car's.jpg[/attachment]

a couple more

the sunset monte in normal mode
[attachment=2]sunset.jpg[/attachment]

and in a purple tone mode where it gets more light - it was washing out so I cut back on the white LEDs (they are now maxing out at 60% and colors are coming back nicely)
[attachment=1]sunset 2.jpg[/attachment]

and a rainbow monte - or at least it was
[attachment=0]rainbow not.jpg[/attachment]

hope to be posting again in the near future with the dimmer mods

Ooooh... Aaaaahhh...... OOOOOhhhh!!!!

aquariumsmile1.gif
alt="">

thanks guys [smilie=smile.gif]

here are some gorg pictures from today
[attachment=2]gorg y w3.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]gorg y w1.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]gorg y w.jpg[/attachment]

this purple one has even spawned in the tank - I've had it for a couple years if not longer, this one likes light
[attachment=1]gorg purp2.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]gorg purp1.jpg[/attachment]

orange gorg - I had one of these in the past that did well but didn't survive the high P04 and NO3 levels I hit a few months back
[attachment=2]gorg o.jpg[/attachment]

this yellow polyped purple base gorg survived the high trates though it did suffer but now seems to be making a comeback
[attachment=1]gorg old p y.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]gorg old p y1.jpg[/attachment]

Keep up the great work Pete. Every update is full of great news!

thanks Marc :)

here are some pics of some bargin bin ($19) cloves I ran across at a LFS and decided to pick up about 2 months ago. They had promise from a coloration standpoint (just hints of 3 colors that are now becoming more vibrant) but looked feable and about a quarter the size they are now - I like nice surprises ;)

[attachment=2]blair unk clove.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]blair unk clove4.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]blair unk clove6.jpg[/attachment]

more random pics from tonight
[attachment=2]chalice.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]pipe organ polyp.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]zoas.jpg[/attachment]

@JBsmurf wrote:
Pete hepws the tank lookin sir Samsung Galaxy S III said:
The tank has been looking good lately but it did go into a short tailspin a couple months ago. I ended up loosing a few acros'. I’m not exactly sure what was the cause but think it the result of a couple things combined including poor water quality due to RO/DI filters aging out. My TDS was around 17 PPM, after I changed them things started perking up. That said I don’t think that was the only culprit.

@hoopsdaddy wrote:
Been wondering the same thing. Miss the pictures Pete. How have you been? said:
Hey Charles thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll try to get some more pictures up but there hasn't been much new done to the tank for a while. For some reason summer has been taking me away from the hobby. I just haven’t got around to the lighting modification (LED and T5 dimming) I discussed a while back in my build log. That said I did finally get around to doing the recirc mod on my Avast skimmer, don’t tell anyone but I think I bought the mod kit about a year ago

Pete i missed the last round of photos and they are amazing!! I wish I could take half as good pics as you do. Do you take most of yours from top down or side?

@psteeleb wrote:
thanks Marc :) here are some pics of some bargin bin ($19) cloves I ran across at a LFS and decided to pick up about 2 months ago. They had promise from a coloration standpoint (just hints of 3 colors that are now becoming more vibrant) but looked feable and about a quarter the size they are now - I like nice surprises ;) [attachment=2]blair unk clove.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=1]blair unk clove4.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=0]blair unk clove6.jpg[/attachment] said:
O yea great find.Those are sweet!!

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
Pete i missed the last round of photos and they are amazing!! I wish I could take half as good pics as you do. Do you take most of yours from top down or side? said:
In this tank almost everything is from the side - I'll usually indicate if they ar top down but due to my light set up it's not easy to take good top downs as the hood with lights is up and not showing off the corals [smilie=crying.gif]