Peroxide dosing

I have been reading and a lot of people are doing peroxide dosing... to the tanks.. With great success... has anyone tried it? What was your proccess? What are pros vs. Cons?

I've done it to get rid of gha and it worked the dosage is 1ml to 10g of water total it kicks for skimmer into overdrive and feeds the bacteria that absorb n03 and if I remember correctly the bacteria that feeds on p04 too. I used it with great success at beating gha and a buddy of mine uses it for crystal clear water. I have stopped dosing but been thinking about picking up a bottle to clear my water. The only con I can thing of is until your corals get use to it being in the water they will close up.

I am sure that you already know that a number of us here have dosed our reef tanks with 3% H2O2 for dinoflagellates. We used 1 ml per each 10 gallons of tank water daily for 5-7 days straight, as I recall. This worked for me, but I began dosing at the very first sign of dinos. I have also dipped coral frags in half H2O2, and tank water dips for a couple of minutes to remove nuisance algae from the plugs. Some corals did not like it, but most recovered in a couple of days. One can dip just the plug with as little of the coral going in the dip as possible to minimize coral exposure.

I'm going to be the odd man out I think...but I'd say just work on lowering nutrients and don't dose a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DetroitRodeo wrote:
I'm going to be the odd man out I think...but I'd say just work on lowering nutrients and don't dose a thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Not that crazy, in fact we totally recommend trying all other avenues of organic reduction before jumping on a dosing regimen.