Peppermint shrimp survival

Hi all - in the past I had bought a peppermint shrimp and after about two weeks he went missing... never found his carcass or anything. All of my fish are less than 2 inches, I have a false perc, 3-bar damsel, yellow tail damsel, six line wrasse. Would it be the case that one of these fish will kill the shrimp if I were to purchase another? Also, where's the best place to get peppermint shrimp for cheap?

none of those fish SHOULD eat an adult pep shrimp, but all fish can have there own unique qwerks. the shrimp are also nocturnal, and hide very well.

best place for cheap pep shrimp is the jetty in port aransas :) all you can net for the price of a fishing license.

My peppermint shrimp hide well. I put 6 in there and after about a month I never see them. I assume they are dead until I spot a few here and there at night.

Haven't kept cleaner shrimp before, but I would like to. I have a bit of aptasia in my tank so I'm hoping that some peppermint shrimp will clean up my problem. That's pretty cool about port Aransas, didn't know they were easy to obtain in the wild.

peppermints tend to hide i never see mine until about 2 or 3 in the morning after lights have been out for at least a few hours. they will go back into hiding if they see light. concerning the aptasia problem your having peppermints don't always eat aptasia so while your waiting for the peppermints to eat them it would be better to keep them under control with some aptasia x or joes juice, i prefer aptasia x myself,.

I have 6 in my tank, see no more than one when I am looking and trying to find them. But, at certain points, I might see several. I assumed at first that they were no longer in there, but as it turns out they are pro's at hiding!

It is more likely that they are alive and well just hiding, then taken out by one of the fish, imo

I recommend Berghia nudibranches for aiptasia. I bought some peppermint shrimp and did not notice any change in the aiptasia and they are very hard to find. PM me for where I bought my nudibranches from. I got 6 and it took a few months to get rid of my aiptasia but now they are all gone. I had literally hundreds of aiptasia.