OFF Topic

My other hobby besides reefing is guns. I like shooting pistols. I have two glocks a model 22 and a 27 both .40 cals. I took my concealed handgun class several months ago. Just something i wanted to do. Not a gun nut or anything. Just a little bit more about me. Hope this is ok on here if not please delete this.

i also enjoy shooting guns. i grew up in a small town shooting BB guns in the back yard and graduated to real guns.(not shooting in the backyard of course. lol) its fun to target shoot but not really into hunting. dont like killing things. but it reminds me of younger days...

@TexasDude wrote:
i also enjoy shooting guns. i grew up in a small town shooting BB guns in the back yard and graduated to real guns.(not shooting in the backyard of course. lol) its fun to target shoot but not really into hunting. dont like killing things. but it reminds me of younger days... said:
I dont hunt anymore myself. Just personal protection of my family. Too much crap going on these days. Sad really we have to resort to this.

Agree on this hobby as well. I've had my CHL for 3 or 4 years now. I don't shoot much any more, although I wish I did. I grew up hunting all of the birds and miss that for sure. I've got a few different guns, but nothing over the top. I carry a small Keltec 9mm, as it's one of the most comfortable "packable" guns I've found. If you are looking for a concealable gun, this is a great choice. It's not a fun gun to shoot, but will be there when and if you ever need it.

It's a small gun and my hands hang off the bottom of the grip. It serves one purpose and that's to be concealed and ready if you need it. No hammer, no safety. If it's got a bullet in the chamber then all you have to do is pull the trigger. I did not buy it to be a sport pistol and it's barely had any use. Small guns with larger caliber's aren't going to be fun, period. You buy a gun like this to keep it hidden.

no doubt, i've got a bersa thunder that's no fun to shoot....it's jumpy and the sights suck. It's meant for one thing only, point and click.

Now i've got a Sig P220 and a Sig P228 i love to shoot for fun/target practice. The 228 is my duty weapon and I carry it every day with two extra mags.

@Acrodisiac wrote:
and there's another thing we have in common. We'll have to go shooting some time. said:
I definitely need the practice for sure. Looking for a good concealed holster as well. Got it narrowed down to a few.

Just bought me a Crimson trace laser for my glock 27. Happy Christmas to me...ok i have been pretty good this year! [smilie=lol.gif]

@Acrodisiac wrote:
Is that the laser that replaces the recoil spring and rod? I finally got to shoot my Sig P220....that thing is accurate! said:
No, the lasermax has some problems. So i didnt want to replace my guide rod spring and sacrifice my gun. They come on when you holster them and break i have been told. They look cool but didnt want to trust a malfunction. I got the crimson trace laser guard for my sub- compact glock 27. Here is the link to what it looks like on the gun. Fits gun like a glove and has windage and elevation adjustments. I really like it so far and it was less then $200 with free shipping.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG436/tabid/412/Default.aspx

@Saltpro wrote:
[I]@Acrodisiac wrote:[/I][quote="Is that the laser that replaces the recoil spring and rod? I finally got to shoot my Sig P220....that thing is accurate! said:
No, the lasermax has some problems. So i didnt want to replace my guide rod spring and sacrifice my gun. They come on when you holster them and break i have been told. They look cool but didnt want to trust a malfunction. I got the crimson trace laser guard for my sub- compact glock 27. Here is the link to what it looks like on the gun. Fits gun like a glove and has windage and elevation adjustments. I really like it so far and it was less then $200 with free shipping.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG436/tabid/412/Default.aspx"]

Those grips are nice I really am a fan.... I also have my CHL and shoot alot either hunting or at the range. Another thing to look into for your carry gun is the meprolight tirtium night sights... there are other people that make tritium night sights but thats what I use on all my pistols so I can only speak for them but very good sights. They look like the cheaper fiber optic sights but those need a little light to gather to be usefull. The tritium will glo BRIGHT in absolute pitch black darkness

Back to guns lol. Im about to get a .223 cal rifle. Thinking of getting the mapul massoda...or whats now called the Remington or the bushmaster version acr. Thats one sweet weapon in my opinion. Still decidning wether to reload my own ammo price wise. Looking at the Dillion reloaders. Again OFF Topic...........

I reload all my stuff its alot of fun... For the 223 it wont save you much money but you can sure fine tune a round thats real great for each one of your guns. I can tell you about some reloaders if your thinking bout getting into it... Does pistol rounds great to and much cheaper than buying factory if your shooting a bigger cal pistol 40 and 45

I have a friend over in montague who reloads and he says its the only way to go. But that even reloading is starting to get expensive. I need to get a reloader too because I have a 30 carbine and there is only one place in whichita falls that carries them (Academy) and they are out sometimes when i go to get them.

I started doing it because I couldnt afford factory ammo for a few of my really REALLY big rifles when a box of shells was 75.00$ but now I relaod for every gun I own

Reloading was one my earliest child hood memories helping my dad with reloading to make 6mm and 7mm for deer and elk hunting