No more Softie Land - (Updated) 986

Wow that is very nice, I cannot for the life of me get SPS to look like that
Mine are all polyps and no color

Thanks for the compliments... It's really a downer going from full to half and aquascaping SPS absoultly sucks!(you can't tell but that took 3 hrs) Plus it's like I knew it would look empty, but not like this.. :? Oh well :D

jfkhammer,
I think softies and lps are fine and they both grew well together in my tank.

Looking forward to the next update in about a month. I bet it will look better to you by then.

Bill, I am curious, why are you changing your tank to SPS? Was it just time for a change? I am sure you will make your tank look great with SPS.
-Chuck

The soft corals were to dominant due to there size. The toadstool and the other leather were shedding a lot and it was creating some havoc. Plus I was out of room and those leathers were just getting to big for my tank. I thought about buying a bigger tank, but I plan on moving in the near future. My next setup will be a 2 tank setup with a massive soft coral tank and then a SPS. I really like soft corals and will always have some.

Well it is official, you have removed the training wheels and can now play with the big boys! :D

Your tank looks great. Your colonies are massive, cant wait to see it in a few months

Time for some updates: June 2006

I have had Kent salt problems and etc, but my growth hasn't decreased much. Overall I'm somewhat satisfied with the tanks performance, but still disappointed in the looks. :? Still tough letting go of the softies and non-hobby people always ask what happened to my tank... :sad: I try to explain the SPS thing, but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Here is an update on the birdsnest that was brown.

6 Months Before:
birdsnest.jpg
alt="">

After: Refugium and Calcium Reactor
junepinkbird.jpg
alt="">

Yellow and Green Porcillapora
juneporcil.jpg
alt="">

Small Moutain of Rics
juneric.jpg
alt="">

Finally a Full tank shot:
fulltankjune.jpg
alt="">

Bill, Looking good, your tanks always look great. Thank you for posting. I am still partial to softies but the colored sticks you got do look good.

Bill,
I have to give you your props, that is some insane growth. I am glad to see your corals were spaced out enough so that they aren't growing into each other. Are you dosing as well as the reactor?
Brent

I only drip kalk 1 week out of the month to reduce phosphate and try to maintain my 20g water changes once a month.