No more Softie Land - (Updated) 986

[Here are some of the soft corals I picked up this weekend from the LFS and other members.

First one I'm not sure of the name, but its so much fun to watch because it pulses! The little hands extend and retract just like xenia. Here is the pic:

soft1.jpg
alt="">

The second coral is a large colt that came from a 46g tank that had overgrown the whole tank!

soft2.jpg
alt="">

The third leather came from a LFS and I'm not sure of the name, but it has a blue iradecent look.

soft3.jpg
alt="">

And the last was from a member and it hasn't opened up to it's full potential yet. I'm sure it will take a week or so because we all now leathers are weird.

soft4.jpg
alt="">

I will try to post some more pic's later.... :beer:]

Edited By blide on 1115167743

[I agree, your tank is colorful and fluffy. Good progress!]

[Yeah the tank is getting super fluffy these days. It's like a big soft pillow! Makes you just want to open the canopy and lay on it. :D

Here is a yellow leather I had for a while it's about 2 yrs old.

soft5.jpg
alt="">

And Isabella wanted to say hi....

fish1.jpg
alt="">]

[Good looking tank, you certainly have been doing a good job with placement. I like to see a nice tank full of soft corals from time to time. The difference between that and an sps tank like mine is appreciated. The soft look and movement of all the corals is very relaxing. :nod:]

[Thanks Rick.. The Montipora Dig. that you gave me is looking well too and they really gave my tank some nice accent colors. My goal is to have a reef tank that has lots of colors and textures to bring out depth and perception to making the viewing look like something from the ocean. :)]

[After posting on reefcentral I have found out that the first coral is a pulsing Sinularia. I have been spot feeding Phyto in the upstream current of the coral and have noticed the polyps retract and expand at a slower rate when the phyto gets in close proximity. I will try to get some more pic's, but I have noticed some nice growth of two more branches in a two week period. So maybe it's feeds off phyto? :Oo:]

I figured it was time for some updates!

I have recently added some SPS (Thanks Rick, Lee, and Kevin) and I think they should be able to hold there own with the toxins since I run carbon.

Here are some shots of various corals and etc....

This one is huge...
largeleather.jpg
alt="">

cap.jpg
alt="">

coco.jpg
alt="">

devilshand.jpg
alt="">

ricordia.jpg
alt="">

pinkzoo.jpg
alt="">

And my birdsnest that is pinkish brown now, and I have seen pics of it really pink and it's already starting to change back to pink under my lights.

Look at the very center you can see it coloring up already...

birdsnest.jpg
alt="">

That tank looks awesome Bill! Drop in 6 anthias now, and it is complete.

that is friggin awesome - i remember when you were burned out with the 2 tanks - glad you made it and are donig so good now - thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliments everyone....

Getting rid of my nano was the best thing I ever did! It really gave me time to focus on one thing and helped a lot by lowering the daily maintenence of having a reef tank. My goal was to make the aquascaping look as natural as possible and to have a low bioload so I could add lots of corals.

Marc - A bunch of Anthias would be nice, but I just don't have room. :cry: The tank is only a 75g with a 30g sump.

Here is my current fish list -
1 Medium/Large Salfin Tang
2 Large clownfish
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 Mandarin
1 Large Blue Spotted Jawfish - 7 inches

Bill, your tank looks great! It is starting to get pretty full too. Maybe its time to upgrade.