My 120 Re-build Progress

ERIKATHORNBURG

Membership Expired
I thought that maybe I should post a thread and show the progress on my tank. We relocated here from SC in May 2010 and sold all of our livestock and just brought the equipment and sand in buckets. With the tank's one year re-birthday approaching on the 19th of this month I thought I should show it off to you guys. We have a 120 main display tank with an 18 gallon display cube (houses our anemone and pair of clowns). We have a 30 gallon sump and an 18 gallon fuge. We run 2 - 175 Iwasaki Halides with 2 Actinics over the main tank and then a 150 Halide over the 18 gallon cube.

This is the tank in December 2010:

IMG_3582.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3641.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3630.jpg
alt="">

Notice our frogspawn size. It started out as 4 heads and has grown so much (21 heads) that we have had to split it into 3 pieces because it was stinging my ORA blue tort.

This was my Miami Orchid when I got it in December:

IMG_3627.jpg
alt="">

Here is the tank now:

IMG_5081.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5079.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5078.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5066.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5065.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5062.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5053.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5052.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5048.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5047.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5044.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5043.jpg
alt="">

IMG_5041.jpg
alt="">

My Garf:

IMG_5042.jpg
alt="">

This is my miami orchid now:

IMG_5051.jpg
alt="">

Thanks. I picked up 3 frags at the frag swap yesterday and then stopped at Frank's on the way home and got a Diamond Sleeper Sand Sifter (our Golden Head was sickly looking for a month or so then died) and also picked up a neon gobie. Can't wait till the lights come on! :)

Hey great looking tank, can you give us some details on the smaller tank located in your stand with the nem and clowns? Is it tied directly into the rest of your 120? I love the way you've incorporated it into the stand right underneath, been thinkin about doing that when I setup a bigger tank.

I finally added 2 BRS Dosing Pumps! I love these things!!! So much better than manual dosing! Here are 2 pictures of the 3 frags we added from the frag swap (taken with my iPhone). Added a deep water acro, borealis acro, and a pink lemonade.

Thought I should post some updated pictures because the tank has changed a lot since November.

Here is a current shot of the tank in May 2012:

IMG_6360.jpg
alt="">

Some updated pictures of my Garf:

IMG_6338.jpg
alt="">

IMG_6370.jpg
alt="">

And my Setosa:

IMG_6340.jpg
alt="">

Some new fish additions as well:

Dot and Dash Flasher Wrasse:

IMG_6365.jpg
alt="">

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse:

IMG_6363.jpg
alt="">

My Mandarin:

IMG_6358.jpg
alt="">

IMG_6356.jpg
alt="">

IMG_6357.jpg
alt="">

Tank looks great! I love those clowns.

Did a good job starting over right away. I wish I could say the same for me. Is been 4 years since the move from Chicago and I still can get back in :( --- Sad to see the 180 part away.

Tank looks awesome. I moved from Eastern NC in January, but my 120 is still on the floor of my garage. LOL BTW, did you ever frequent Carolina Fish Talk or Carolina Reefers?

@jvswan wrote:
Tank looks awesome. I moved from Eastern NC in January said:
No. I was a member of the Charlotte Reef Society though.

It took us 6 months after moving to start the tank back up and that felt like forever!!! So happy with the progress.

@sunfun wrote:
I love your rock work. I am planning a similar layout. The arch affect integrates very nicely with your corals. said:
Thanks! I'm thinking about adding a small rock as a center island to put our frogspawn in. I'd like to get a piece from BRS and drill out a spot for the frogspawn to go down into it.