Multiple angels in a tank

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
[I figure I probably can't do it with a 90 gallon tank, but has anyone had any success keeping two angel's in a tank this size? I just bought two fish, so it will be at least a month before I can get anything else. (My quarantine tank has a very limited stocking capacity, so I have to move it's inhabitants to the main tank before I get anything else.)

I really want to get a flame angel down the road, but the coral beauty is also very nice looking... I figured maybe some people have had success with them both in a tank as small as mine. (only in salt water is a 90 gallon small, sigh.)

Unless multiple people say go for it I'll only do one. SO..... if that does end up being the case, I'd like to hear comments on which of the two I should go with.]

[It may be possible to get them to cohabitate in a tank that size. However you will have better luck by adding them at the same time. Otherwise one will stake claim on the whole tank and likely fight any new angels.]

[Check out this thread. I added a Flame Angel after the club Feb meeting after keeping the Coral Beauty for over 6 months. The Coral Beauty is no longer attacking the Flame after all of the "separation" I did. BUT, this could just be my luck. Adding them both at the same time probably work out better.

Neither fish is nipping on any of the coral. I guess I get lucky here, too.

Hope this helps,]

[I currently have three angles in my 75gal reef tank, a Coral Beauty, Flame, and a Flameback. They were all introduced at the same time back in December. They did not get along at first but things quickly settled down in less than a week. The key is to put them in at the same time, before they have a change to establish their territories. Also have lots of caves so that they can get out of each others way. Check it out My Webpage]

[I had a Flame and Pygmy angel in my custom 60 gallon tank with no aggression problems. I added them at the same time. The only problem was they eventually decided my open brain and clam tasted good.]

[Should be fine in that size tank. They may bicker a little at first but souldn't be anything to bad!]

[we're planning on adding a couple of dwarf angelsto our 110g, and having read a lot the consensus is kind of the same as here ... if you're going to do it, you'll have the best chance of success by adding them at the same time. We had a coral beauty but unfortunately he didn't survive being treated in hypo for 5 weeks, we lost him last week. We haven't decided specifically what two dwarf angels we'll get now, but we'll buy them at the same time, keep them in separate QT tanks for a few weeks, and then introduce them to the main tank at the same time and hope for the best :)]