McCosker's Flasher Wrasse and Fairy(Cirrhilabrus) Wrasse in 75g tank

Oscarmk

Premium Member
Hey all,After my purple firefish died about 4 months ago, due to what seemed like either a tumor or a internal infection, I have been thinking about what to add to my 75g tank. I was thinking of doing a firefish again, but I have a Flasher Wrasse and recently learned they don't get along, and yes in fact I noticed that quite often...Anyway I have a mixed reef tank, mostly LPS and softies, and have a fully grown royal gramma, occelaris clownfish, a small 2.5-3 inch Tomini Tang and a 3 inch McCosker's Flasher Wrasse for a total of 4 fish. My other option was a captive bred Kaudern's Cardinal, but the Fairy Wrasse looks much cooler, if it can be done of course. I should mention my tank is bare-bottom.The 3 options that are reef safe, easy care, peaceful and max 90 gallon that I like are the bluehead fairy Wrasse, the Ruby head fairy Wrasse and the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse:Blue head fairyRuby head fairyPink FairyI figured this 3 also look quite different from the other 4 fish I have, except for the flasher Wrasse of course, but the colors are completely different, I saw a video about mixing Wrasses from MACNA, it seems like it can be done, I would quarantine the new arrival and then use an acclimation box.Does anyone have experience mixing a Flasher Wrasse and Fairy Wrasse in a tank 90 G or smaller?, any advice?  

I don't have a 90g but generally speaking Fairys and Flashers get along fine.  I have a few of each in my 120g.  You could probably add more than one Fairy but you shouldn't add both the Ruby head and the Bluehead as they are in the same complex.