Macroalgae

jimmymac0220

Premium Member
I can already imagine the head shaking as you read this because I/we all know better. A couple of months ago I put a frag in my seahorse tank that contained a small piece of what I think is fern caulerpa. I decided to let it grow a little bit, I put it on top of a Tonga branch thinking that would contain it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb I could go on with those. Anyway as expected the next part of the story is caulerpa everywhere in all the nooks and crannies in the rock work. Is there a solution to this or am I eventually going to have to tear everything down and start rockwork over again.

Thanks in advance for any advice
James

How big is the tank? Maybe trim it all
back and get a small tang to keep it in check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could trim it back and maybe try a sea hare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fern caulerpa has a thick main branch that is normally easy to remove from rocks. A baggie of caulerpa will sell at LFS for around $5.00 store credit - so good to take along with you on your next trip. Are you sure it is not bryopsis? Bryopsis is bad and you should remove. A picture would help.

Let's just pretend it is the bad stuff bryopsis what would need to be done? Can't figure out how to down load a picture.

Let's just pretend it is the bad stuff bryopsis what would need to be done? Can't figure out how to down load a picture.