Live rock local stores

[What stores local to keller/richland hills/bedford/haltom city (the general northeast tarrant area) sell live rock at a decent price? I've seen that Keller Farms does but I'm honestly not too impressed with their live rock selection.]

[Try 4saltwater.com That's were I got my LR from. The business is run out of her home in Keller.]

[I went up to petorama yesterday and didn't see live rock at all :( I saw a ton of corals attached to live rock, but not live rock by itself. I'll have to go up there again and ask this time ;p]

[LR is in the back. You'll have to ask about it.]

[If you don't mind driving to Arlington check out the rock at Tranquil Scape. I got mine there it was very nice with a good price just ask for Vincent he will treat you right!!!!]

[Get some from Alicia at 5thday- Cant beat it deliverd to your door for the same price or less than other LFS charge.]

[Yeah my original 5lbs was from her and she made a delivery for me today of another 10lbs :D Definitely my favorite "LFS" thus far :D]

[Hello, neighbors. Sheesh you guys are so close to me and each other. Thats what i love about this forum. I see that some of you guys are also ReefCentral.com users also, which also has a great forum. I live in summerfields which is in the vicinity of Fossil ridge area. Basically connecting to haltom and watauga/Keller area.

Just started the sw hobby less than 2 weeks ago and already doing not so smart things such as cycling with damsels. Believe it or not but i have some live sand, base rock and two damsels and my amm and trite levels are at 0 after almost 2 weeks. Trates i think are at 10ppm, I have to test again.

Anyways, to get to the topic, Ive been looking everywhere for LR and theres been no luck. Everywhere ive gone its been $7.99 per lbs and its not really nice of a selection. I believe Pet-O-Rama in bedford sells their rock for $7.99 per lbs. Theres a place in duncanville called Pet Village that has a nice selection of live stock but their customer service there is horrible. As soon one of them there told me i could use tap water, i disliked the place. Their rock is also $7.99 per lbs. and duncanville is a good 45 mins from where i live. I visited saltwater paradise in irving a few days ago and those guys were not very helpful and friendly. Also, I didnt see any plain LR for sell, mainly corals attached to the LR. At $7.99 per lbs rate, 5 lbs of LR for 40 bucks LOL!!! It just doesnt seem right.

I wish there were more LFS i can visit and not so many online stores although I am going to check out a few sites you guys suggested here. 5th day did 5lbs order for you Chromey? WOW! Looks like she doesnt have a minimum order huh? Thats a great thing. I have 20 gal and i want to buy my LR slowly because I want to have a mixture of LR and because LR is expensive. Just want to let you guys know you have another local sw fish friend. Im looking for a skimmer too!!!]

Edited By Chino on 1091870367

[Welcome Chino, I am new to this also, just sit back and read you will learn more here than all of the LFS combined. When you have a question just post it here and you will get an answer.
These guys (and of course gals) have been great to me. Enjoy!]

[Do they actually do local deliveries? A friend of mine just ordered some snails I believe assuming they would deliver them to the front door but low and behold UPS dropped them off along with a few misc. charges that he didn't know he was going to get (box charge, ice pack, freight) :taz: .]

[- content removed as it is in violation of the Sponsor's UA -

Please feel free to post a new thread with your product(s) in your forum. People will see the thread when they click on New Posts.

Moderator ]

[@Old Stoney wrote:
- content removed by moderator - said:
Would that be fiji rock for 5.99 per lb? And is it possible to purchase under 10lbs? I just need to seed my base rock. I was thinking around 5-8 lbs. Where does the break start for large quanties? 25lbs? Thanks in advance.

Moderator Note: Feel free to ask these questions in the Pet-O-rama forum. Thank you for your cooperation. ]

[FYI, the price of LR at PetOrama is not $7.99. Ask them in their forum, or give them a call tomorrow. 817 282-2211

OMG, I knew the phone number by heart. :p]

[HOLY CRAP!! you guys are paying that much for live rock. The LFS sell theirs for 5-6 per lb. i wait until i come across a reefer who is getting out of it and i buy their rock cheap. 2-3 dollars per pound.]

[Wow, whoever pmed me (forgot who it was sorry) and recommended me to go to tranquil scape in arlington, thank you!!! Picked up some LR yesterday and was very plzed. Lots of Coraline, and since its premium fiji I got a few pounds and it was three good-sized pieces. Enough for seeding BR. Heres few pics of the white, red, and purple coraline. Also got a few tiny hitchhikers too, dusters, snails ect. Sorry for the poor quality digi cam, its on a phone and its better than nothing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/HaL00cin8/redwhitecoraline.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/HaL00cin8/purplecoraline.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/HaL00cin8/LRdamsel.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/HaL00cin8/redwhitecoraline1.jpg]

[Aquarium Services in Dallas, has the best LR I have seen in any store.....LOTS of coraline all over it....5.99 lb,,,,great rock! Talk to fredrico...he is the man!]

[I'v been to many fs around the metroplex looking for live rock. I bought most of my rock at fish paradise in Fort Worth. Good rock but it was 6.99 a pound. A week after i bought it all i found out about tranquil scapes and i was ready to kick myself in the face after i bought all that rock. The price can't be beat, and the product is far more superior than anyone around. In Decemeber, when i am able to start a new tank, i'm going to tranquil scape.]