Leopord Wrasse

dport02

Premium Member
So I bought one from DNA about 5 weeks ago. After I put him in, I never saw him again until Friday. That little guy hid for over a month and then reappeared. Looked healthy. No I haven't seen him again since Monday but I've never heard of a fish hiding for a month.

@DNA wrote:
Those guys have been known to be very shy and hide under the sand quite a bit. said:
I'd given him up for dead after 2 weeks. That's about the longest I'd ever heard of one hiding. It was like getting a new fish when I saw him come out last Friday.

They can hide for the first few weeks or more. I keep three of them, only time I have seen them hide all the time is when another wrasse or fish is picking on them.

I haven't seen mine since the club meeting at DNA. So there's hope? lol

That wrasse is a really good looking fish!, liveaquaria lists it as expert only, why are they so hard to take care of?, I thought about getting one when stocking my 75, but after seeing the expert only label decided not to. It is a shame they hide so much, I didn't know that, I hope those wrasses are ok!, I know I really like my mccoskers flasher wrasse such a good looking fish too!.

I think the biggest reason they are an expert fish is due to the hiding part. Once they get comfy and start to come out they are just like most other wrasses.