Lawnmower Blenny

reef4reak

Membership Expired
Ok im concerned because my blenny is not looking good he looks malnourished and i cant get him to eat the algae wafers i bought him so im trying to look into another alternative..hes perching around the rocks like he should but i dont know if he doesnt have enough to eat in my tank but i thought i did so im at a loss right now. Can anyone help? [smilie=sadsmile.gif]

Mike said he feeds his nori and loves it, I am going to get some myself for mine because like yours, he won't eat the wafers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ok i see i'll have to try that then I'm trying to keep from giving him over to the local fish store incase i cant get him to eat because from what i know they start thinning down rather quickly but i'll keep my hopes up..thanks

Your welcome! Let me know how it goes, we're in the same boat. I'll let you know how mine does too.

I have one in a 30 gallon and feed him nori. He loves it and i have had him for about a 1 1/2 years.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

@txksigep69 wrote:
I have one in a 30 gallon and feed him nori. He loves it and i have had him for about a 1 1/2 years. Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2 said:
well this is a relief to know [smilie=clapping.gif] hopefully mine will like it i'll go out today and buy him a few sheets

Well I got mine some yesterday and as of this morning didn't touch it. I know there isn't enough algae in my tank to keep him fed...wonder why he won't eat anything....

Any update on yours?

they have to "discover" it...give them time. When they get hungry enough, they'll bite on anything and everything....

@jenkinscrew wrote:
Well I got mine some yesterday and as of this morning didn't touch it. I know there isn't enough algae in my tank to keep him fed...wonder why he won't eat anything.... Any update on yours? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk said:
Well mine hasn't touched it either so i'm playing the waiting game with him I guess i dont have enough algae for him

@reeferjim wrote:
they have to "discover" it...give them time. When they get hungry enough said:
Yea i guess thats what has to happen in order for him to start eating because so far nothing

well mine looks like its been nibbled on but i dont know if it was him or my crab so we will see [smilie=thinking.gif]

Lol I was wondering about my crab too, but I think it was up enough to where he couldn't get to it.

Well my blenny didn't make it unfortunately so I'll keep away from them for awhile apparently my tank did not have enough for him to perch on.

Sorry to hear about this. It's never easy losing one of your little aquatic buddies. Keep your chin up

Awe sorry to hear that. How long did you have him? I give mine a little piece of nori every other day.