LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
Sorry to hear you lost some Acros. Thinking it's just part of an upgrade. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Absolutely! I will be thrilled if that is ll I end up loosing.

With the tank being so large, I'm surprised they don't want to build it on-site.

@Marc wrote:
With the tank being so large said:
I am with you! I thought the same thing we shall see if they can get it here in one piece. I will be visiting A.G.E. next week or the week after to observe the progress.
Progress for the day will include electrician running two dedicated 30A GFCI circuits for the new tank and one 30A GFCI circuit for the 225 setup. In addition I will talk with him about installing the 1.5HHP chiller that will be housed outside. Once electrical is done I will be able to finalize trimming out the wall enclosure. Plans are to caulk, add insulation back, cover with white frp boarding. The stand and tank trim will be white so going for the retro new age look in the garage!

I'm excited for you. Are you sure that's enough electricity? Seems like you could use a couple more circuits.

What did the insulation garage door run you? I still haven't done anything with mine.

@Marc wrote:
I'm excited for you. Are you sure that's enough electricity? Seems like you could use a couple more circuits. What did the insulation garage door run you? I still haven't done anything with mine. said:
Not sure house already had them. Makes a big difference in temp!

@Marc wrote:
I'm excited for you. Are you sure that's enough electricity? Seems like you could use a couple more circuits. What did the insulation garage door run you? I still haven't done anything with mine. said:
Not sure house already had them. Makes a big difference in temp!
I actually had the attic over the garage filled with 24" insulation

So is the chiller going outside of the house or outside (in the garage)? I didnt know that they could be put out in the weather

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
So is the chiller going outside of the house or outside (in the garage)? I didnt know that they could be put out in the weather said:
Chiller will be outside just like a compressor for your ac unit. The larger chillers seem to be made for that purpose. Holes will be drilled through the brick similar to what you see with your sprinkler system and pvc run to tank.

Smaller chillers have been kept outside by many to keep the heat away from the tank. Most are not intended for that purpose. That being said they kept them covered in some manner to avoid the elements and protect the electrical connection.

@Marc wrote:
Marc I should have mentioned on the electrical that there are already 2 circuits existing in the garage that will be utilized. The breaker will be changed out to gfci. This will give me 2 circuits of 30A for the 225 gal and 3 circuits of 30A for the 1000.
The chiller runs on 220 and will have its own dedicated breaker as it pulls 18A on its own. [smilie=surprised.gif]

Okay - good. Glad to hear it. I have six circuits and my system is 600g less. I don't come close to maxing out my power available, but as you know I like to divide it across several to avoid nuisance trips.

Electrical work is now complete. I had a 30A run on far left, 30A in middle two, and 30A on far right. The two blue boxes go to the inside of the kitchen. I also had two 30A run to the 225.
The entire area is now caulked. I went through 5 tubes! I will cover that bottom area now that electrical outlets are in place with white FRP board from Home Depot as per a suggestion from Uchin. I plan to get paint from Home Depot tomorrow that is mold and mildew resistant and paint entire garage area. Will then install 3 vent fans above the main display in the ceiling and then get all touch up trim work completed. So much to do..Still on schedule for tank arrival before Valentines day. [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif]

I was just looking at you other build. Can you get some more pics of you corals. Also please tell me that you didnt loose that yellow reef raft acro?

@K_Red_Raider wrote:
I was just looking at you other build. Can you get some more pics of you corals. Also please tell me that you didnt loose that yellow reef raft acro? said:
Just got all corals moved back into the 225 for temporary storage until they can go to final home. They are not looking so great but most have made it through the move. Most of the sps is somewhat browned out but they will come back when lighting has been restored. Not much to look at now so when I get the colors back I will start taking shots of the coral.

New issue of the day --- Drainage

Now that we are country folk and on a septic system water drainage has become a issue. I cannot empty 200 gallons of salt water for a water change into my anaerobic septic system as it will then water the yard with salt water and......
So my solution is this. Having septic company come out and install a third 1500 gallon septic tank that will hook into my existing system. They will then install some type of water treatment that will allow the saltwater to flocculate out salt and pass into main system and walla... salt water gone..
1 1/2" pvc piping will be installed to the garage area and hooked into the salt septic as well as adding a sink into the garage with a common drain. 1 1/2" PVC will then hook to return pump with valve to open so that water can easily be pumped out during water change. [smilie=clapping.gif]

Following. I talked with Vince yesterday about your build. Did you change from a center/island overflow to put them at the ends?

weekend update. build on the wall is nearing completion. This weekend I was able to install 2 exhaust fans over the 1000, install 1/2" pine on ceiling covering the tank area 11' x 4'. This will allow me to have a easy way to hang the lights when the tank arrives. I still need to caulk around edges and seal paint the wood and then the area will be complete. I was also able to finish off the walls next to where the tank will be with FRP board. This was put up after the entire area was seal painted and caulked. I believe I have as waterproof construction as I can get. FRP board was also installed on the 14" beam supporting the structure at the top of the tank area. This made the 2 side walls next the tank tie in and make the wall complete looking. Cant wait to get it seal painted and then caulked.
Next project will be to install the drain from garage, shower liner under stand, and then prepare the rest of the garage walls with sealer paint tinted to match original color which was a tan color.
Then the countdown should be on for the tank arrival.