Just switched to Maxspect / Coral Vue Gyre

Mitch9192

Membership Expired
I got the email that the Maxspect Gyre was released for sale last weekend and I just couldn't help myself... Well yesterday it came in and it is up and running... WOW! It might not be for all tanks, but I am really liking it on mine! I was running 2x MP40's on a 48x24x18 (LxWxH) at 60%. I am now producing similar flow at only 30% for 1x of these pumps...

Has anyone else made the switch?

Mitch

i was thinking of getting one to push the film on my water from one end, towards the overflow. Do you think it can move the water across my 84" long?

@ThanhNguyen wrote:
i was thinking of getting one to push the film on my water from one end said:
The demo at Frank's Tanks only had one maxspect in a 400 gal tank, and the corals on the far end were still recieving flow. They're impressive.

I already know what your talking about. Replaced 4 mp40's on my tank!! they are crazy nice, lets just hope they hold up well.

3329gck.jpg
alt="">

all my side panals are clear now.

So far I only have a few complaints and at this point they are ones I can get over.
1. No syncing capability. If I wanted to run more than one, it would be nice to be able to coordinate the pulse modes.
2. No night mode. Not sure if it is necessary, but I have a handful of fish that sleep in my corals and I think they may be struggling a little more at night now.

Other than that we will see how the quality stacks up. It is nice that it comes with a full replacement of bushings and propellers (not actually propellers, but you know what I mean).

Jared:
Did you try horizontal? I haven't tried vertical yet. Do you have any pros or cons for running horizontal vs vertical? I imagine vertical is better when running more than one.

Mitch

@Baldguy wrote:
Are they aimed at each other or toward the front glass? I've got mine horizontal at one end. said:
they are next to each over flow and i have them aimed toward the front glass and then colliding in the center and making two gyres on each half of the tank. it gives me complete flow. THEY ARE SUPER STRONG

@Mitch9192 wrote:
I did try horizontal where i did them on the back glass next to the over flows but in the end it had a little more dead spots on each end and i didnt like how hard it was blowing across my reef and on my sps, when they eventually grow towards the surface they are so strong they would blow the flesh right off. where i have them right now is there long time home and works perfect.

I have noticed that more people are running them vertical and for me i feel they work well like that.... i do hate that there is not a night mode yet.

For night mode and syncing just mod the controller box to work with apex. I have seen a couple post where they have modded them to work with apex on other sites. Once that is done just configure your settings like you would tunze, vortech, or jaebos

Sent from pay phone in the airport.