ID help

bjbockemehl

Membership Expired
Hello,

I have a JBJ 28 nano that is in its third week of cycle. I have two things on my live rock that I am trying to id. The first has been on the rock since I brought it home. The second I just noticed this morning. This is my first salt tank that I have ever done. I would like to know if these are ok to leave in there or if I should pull them out.

Here is the first one. this was on the rock when I brought it home. there are actually two of these on there
20151005_101838_zpsxlslsdvy.jpg
alt="">

This is the second one. I only noticed this one this morning. It seems to be attached to the rock
2015-10-05%2014.32.29_zpsy2udmhnf.jpg
alt="">

The second one is a harmless sponge filter feeder, I'd leave it alone. The first is hard to ID from that pic so I'm not sure.

First one looks like a sponge as well. But I have only seen that type in my sump where it is dark. Maybe a better pic will help

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

It looks like Bryopsis to me but I didn't want to say if I wasn't sure. I am pretty sure it's not a sponge though but a better pic will help answer that. It is a very bad nuisance algae if that is what it is.

Agreed the second one is definitely a sponge. The first one looks strange, does not look like bryopsis to me though.