ICP Test Kits

Drex

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Who uses ICP testing kits and long before you get your results 

I've been using ATI for a while. Normally it takes about 2 weeks from the time you mail until you get the results. Back in June I did a test and it was 1 week exactly from the time I mailed it until I got the email with the results.

What are the big benefits to using these tests? Just more accurate than our standard tests? If I do one, I guess I should perform all of my tests at the same time to compare? when the results come back?

ICP tests are more accurate than anything that we use as hobbyists. Just as you said, I use them to test the accuracy of my home tests. On the day I take the water samples to send in I do my home tests for alk, calcium, magnesium, phosphate and nitrate and record them. When I get the results back I compare them to what I tested. Most of the time they're within the margin of error. Every once in a while there's an anomaly. That lets me know that there may be a problem with my reagents. I usually do them 3 times per year.

Great advice. Does the test give any info on trace elements? If so, do you dose any trace elements based on those results?

Here you go this is what they test for and they give you 4 place in the Oceans to base your reef at Hawaii, Fiji,ICP Analysis and there's one more can't remember it but you pick one and you base you reef on those results View attachment 8591

This is what the ATI ICP system tests for. They also give recommendations on how much to dose if you're low in a certain trace element.WE MEASURE FOR YOU:Salinity, KH value and Nitrate As all readings are affected by salinity this gives you balanced accurate readings with complete certainty on your results. With all major and minor elements with balanced reference values to the results, leaves you with no doubts of your dosing regime.Major elements:  chloride, sodium, sulphur, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bromine, strontium, boron and fluorideMinor elements:  aluminium, antimony, arsenic, barium, beryllium, bismuth, cadmium, chromium, cobalt, copper, iron, iodine, lead, lanthanium, lithium, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, nickel, phosphorus, selenium, silicon, silver, thallium, tin, titanium, tungsten, vanadium and zinc

Awesome, thanks guys!! I have been doing more regular testing to get Alk and Cal stabilized using kalkwasser in my ATO. Once I get it stabilized I'll have to do this testing!

Oh yes for sure it test alot more than your standard test I do one once a month