I have red bugs.

There are few choices at your LFS but I believe interceptor is the optimum cure. You just have to find a vet that will listen to why you need it.

You can take pictures of your tank and take them to your vet and I am sure that you can get what you are seeking.

I dont have a vet. Im going to see if I can get some coral revive and dip the two acros I have with them.

I found this..

There is also a Bayer insecticide that works. I think there are multiple threads on this on ReefCentral. It worked well on several of my boyfriend's SPS colonies.

@etannert wrote:
There is also a Bayer insecticide that works. I think there are multiple threads on this on ReefCentral. It worked well on several of my boyfriend's SPS colonies. said:
I saw that. seems crazy to use that kind of stuff though. I found some Revive and Im going to pick it up after work. Going to dip the 3 acros I have and see how it works. Supposedly it kills them using more dosage for 10-12 minutes.

Revive doesn't work, supposedly coral-rx works on them however I still got redbug's and I dip everything with Coral-Rx before it goes in the tank.

Cheers,

thanks alanbetiger. The revive worked. No sign of red bugs. The acros did lose some color though. I think they will bounce back though.

@DaveG99 wrote:
thanks alanbetiger. The revive worked. No sign of red bugs. The acros did lose some color though. I think they will bounce back though. said:
You have had better luck than most. Keep in mind that most red bug treatments require 2 or 3 treatments over a 3 week period, you also can have red bug's hiding inside the polyp scute's. I would recheck that acro in a week to make sure there are still clean.

Cheers,

I will. I did a lot of research on this and found lots of people who it worked for. The key is to let it sit in the solution for 12-15 minutes. I also increased the recommended dose a bit. I plan on doing another dip on the 3 acros next week also. My frags are new as well as the tank so it's easy to remove them.

Cool...some of the sps stuff I get won't thru a dip for the long so that may explain why I may have still wound up with redbug's. Alway's something to think about with this hobby.

Cheers,

Yup melafix marine, it removes everything. If your redbugs comeback its because nothing can kill the eggs so you have to do several treatments

Does it have the same effects on crabs and shrimp as interceptor? I did several treatments earlier this year and wiped out all my blue legs. I'm afraid to add any new sps since I finally got rid of them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk