how to frag

i have a 10 head coral of candy cane for about 9 months and some of the heads have died off dont know y but i would like to frag the good heads off of it and dont know how to do that can some one help with this so i dont loose the rest of them coral is special to me

You can cut out the dead heads with some bone cutters or dykes. You can also use a small hacksaw if you prefer. The stony part is actually very brittle, and will crush easily as you attempt to cut it. Be prepared so you don't drop pieces onto the floor accidentally and hurt the healthy polyps. If you have a helper, have them hold it from a couple of points as you cut to avoid any flying pieces.

@SaltNewbie wrote:
you can just use a pair of utility scissors. cut it at the base where the bone is and try not to cut the flesh. said:
and dont go panicking if you do cut flesh. Sure, they will say "ouch" but 99% of the time they just regenerate by growing new flesh or growing new skeleton around the flesh (if what you broke off is the skeleton).

Its probably the easiest (Aside from a montipora) coral to frag. if i can (the stems are long enough for leverage) i simply break it off with my bare hands.

Give me a call tonight and I will come by and help you with it. It is easier then you think. It shocked me the first time I seen it done.