How much return pump do I need?

saltstarter428

Membership Expired
Ready to purchase the return pump on my 37 cube, I will be running a 1/15hp chiller on the return line. I want to stick with eheim, how many gph should I be wanting? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm curious to hear suggestions on this, too. I'm planning on using two Eheim 1250's on a 50g tank just because I like the redundancy of a second pump.

It's a calculation you will have to make. Look at chiller specs first. Then 37gal X 8 (it's just the amount of times I like to turn my water per hour). Find the number that closest together and then look into pumps you like and if it's a quality pump it will have a Head Pressure chart. Sometimes you will have to over shoot the gph to compensate head pressure.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ya all rule of thumbs are guide lines. I have found I like it a little slower across my fuge so I turn it 8 times instead of 10.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

@Joe Reborn wrote:
Ya all rule of thumbs are guide lines. I have found I like it a little slower across my fuge so I turn it 8 times instead of 10. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk said:
I definitely think I'm going to run it a little slower and go about 8 turns. Thanks guys.

I like the DC pumps , I run a 9000 at a little over half, nice to
Have it adjustable without wasting electric by returning extra.
I think a dc6000 would be good for you.