Hidden and or forgotten corals.

bump1

Membership Expired
I had a candy cane frag fall back behind the rocks. I didn't try to get it as it would get plenty of light from the tank lights and the sun from the window. I could see the tip of it through the rock work and it was upright so no worries. Well it grew to be a bought the size of a sm cantaloupe. I had my tunze turned way down that sits in the back that blows across the back glass from the right overflow to the left overflow. I had turned it down so the coral frag wouldn't blow away.  Well I was cleaning my pumps and put them all back and was cleaning the crud off of the rock work and it got nasty in the tank so with out thinking I smooth forgot about the coral and I cranked my tunze all the way up. When the coral was a frag it was well below the pump but now it is all grown up and was in the line of fire and it got blasted big time. I saw what it was doing as soon as I stood up from being under the stand and turned it back down but it had already torn some of it up. I then went fishing to get it out from the back of the tank and rock work and it wasn't easy as it was crowed back there. It had gotten to big to pull it out easy. I wound up braking it into 4 chunks and lost a few sm ones. When I got them all out I lost about 10 to 12 heads. I think I might of smashed 2 or 3 with my grippers trying to get it up and out of the back. What I find funny is I got this kryptonite candy cane coral as a frag of three heads from a guy I met at Macna in Houston and after we got home we drove over to his house and got the frag. I dont remember the year. It grew a lot so I fraged a hunk off and glued it down. I then went to place it were I wanted it and it fell back there so I left it. The one in the front of the tank grew thick. Heads touching everywhere and the one in the back under the same tank lights but with all that added sunlight it grew all spread out like a old oak tree with branches going every were. I just thought it was kool how they are one in the same coral but they grew so differently from one another in the same water with the only difference being the sunlight on the one and not on the other.Sorry its late and i'm going on and on. As of now the 4 corals are all doing good. 

It just happened. With no canopy on the tank right now its the best time to to clean the tank. Get the spots I cant get to when its on the tank. We have a few days coming up with no rain so I am looking to get some work done on the new light stand. These new LEDs are killing our eyeballs. Not sure how I feel about them right now. However I am waiting to see how they are once they are up in the air and not right on the tank like they are now.