Help with manifold

I have a syncra 3.0 return pump and will be adding two reactors, was wondering if anyone hasd some pics they could share. It's the tlf 150s I'm adding my tank is a 40B and not really sure my sump size it's a pm r24 I believe. The pump isn't hard plumbed yet, still using soft tubing on it to the return. When I hard plumb do I come straight up and then put a 90 to go across the top of the sump? Only thing I'm worried about is them leaking and not being in the sump, had a friend who's leaked and left a mess while he was out. I'm new to the plumbing stuff so any help id appreciate!

Make a PVC manifold with multiple T's and put either a ball valve or gate valve on each T with a hose barb fitting coming out of each. This would allow you to control the flow to each line as well as be able to completely shut it off to do maintenance. Glue all of the fittings together with primer and glue and you won't have any issues with leaks.

Someone told me to go straight up from the top then place the first T and so on then the last T cap it and make that one go to the main tank for the return. Something about pressure? I tried to find a pic of someone running two reactors off there return pump but can't find a pic to follow.

Yeah, going straight up and not having 90's would create less head pressure on the return pump but I don't think it's that big of a difference. You could build your manifold and mount it on the wall of your stand and run spa flex to it from the pump. I'd send you pictures of mine, but I'm out of town ATM. I can send them when I get back in town. In the meantime, why not google sump return pump manifold and look at the images. You'll get lots of ideas and will most likely find a setup that'll suit your needs.

Here, I found this on google... You need to make something like this....

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

You can make one with only 4 outlets. 1 for your return, 1 for each reactor you're planning on running and a fourth to have as a spare for whatever you decide to add in the future. Or you can use the fourth one to create a bypass back into the sump to relieve head pressure off the pump if you are choking back the other 3 too much. Like the pic shows, put a threaded union between the manifold and the pump so you can easily service/ replace the pump in the future.

Do you need the valve on the T since the reactor has a valve already? I saw one where he just ran the reactor tubing straight to a barb on a T.. Didn't know if there was a difference, and he had about 2-3" of pipe on the last T going up and capped it something with pressure?? Then the last T on the manifold before the cap just ran to the main tank for return.

The ball valves are not mandatory for the reactors, but I would recommend installing one on every "T" or fitting coming off whatever manifold you decide to build. They aren't that expensive and provide a shutoff point when doing maintenance. If you plumb the reactors straight to a manifold without them, then you'll have to shut the return pump off when you want to remove and clean the entire reactor.

That's exactly why I put one on each "T" I have. I use them every time I need to change out the carbon or GFO. I may not choose to run carbon full time either for example. I also was able to build the manifold to accommodate a biopellet reactor if I wanted to add one down the road.

Edit to Add: Make sure you leave enough space between each "T" for the valve to open and close . . . I failed to do that the first time I cut some PVC and dry fit things and had to redo it.

Ah ok that makes sense ball vakves for sure then. What about the cap on the last T for pressure? Is that just something some people do like everyone has there own ways or does it help with the flow?

So I was told the reason to make this cap thing was the pump isn't powerful enough? It's a syncra 3.0 about 4 foot from pump to top of tank not sure how much loss that is 200gph? The pump does 714gpg.. I need to get a union and the ball valves and should have everything I need. Unless the design changes and I add this pipe and cap on top? Never heard of it so kinda lost maybe someone has a pic they can share if they know what it is.

"Gate valve would be open too wide and reduce too much pressure off the main line if it's not coming off an elbow. Not enough resistance."

ehe3eqev.jpg
alt="">
This is a mock up the PVC will be longer between the 90s. Still need the union and the valves. Anything I'm missing or leaving out?

Someone told me my pump won't be enough with 4 foot head I need to make a cap just like this??

eqedymym.jpg
alt="">

I'm still needing help on this design.. I've been told my pump isn't enough to power the 2 reactors and be a return pump. Also been told the reactors just need a little flow and I should be fine...