Help! Ants in auto feeder!

integra3g

Premium Member
I guess our mild winter has really helped our ant population and now they are searching for food!  They have discovered my Eheim auto feeder sitting on top of my tank!  I know spraying ant killer up there would not be a good idea, so I am not sure what to do about it.  I have been afraid to hire a pest control company out of fear they would kill everything in the tank.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eradicate these pests?

Is the feeder sitting on a ledge or like clipped to the tank?Maybe some of this around your tank?https://www.diatomaceousearth.com/natural-indoor-ant-repellent/ 

I use the Amdro "Ant Block Home Perimeter Ant Bait" twice a year outside and don't see any in the house so far.

Hope it works for you too!Maybe others have had the issues and other solutions that helped them and will chime in too.You might need to lay down some of the "DE" inside the house in a few areas where you see them, just to get rid of what is in the house if they still stick around after your perimeter block is laid.

Use Vinegar to clean around the tank to keep them from the food until you get the yard under control.