Have u used this ?

bump1

Membership Expired
Have any of you seen or used this thing?https://premiumaquatics.com/products/icecap-salinitytemperature-digital-pocket-tester.html

No, just seen some discussion on various boards.  Everyone seems to be waiting on reviews.

I am definitely getting one, cheaper than the Milwaukee option and easier looks like. Will wait a bit for reviews as well.Anyone have one yet?

I really like it as well. I was thinking on waiting but I might go ahead and get one. My hinges broke on my refractometer. I am wondering why use the cup and not just stick it in your tank?

I was kinda wondering the same. Looks like it measures fast, so not like it needs to sit there. Be interesting to find out if there is a reason. I'll ask :)

So is this Elos trying to get almost double for one?  I don't know any other lfs in The Colony unless this is just an individual selling out of their house. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Icecap-Salinity-Temperature-Digital-Tester-Saltwater-Aquariums-Refractomer-/273081194570

The address on the webpage is for Elos.   I wonder if I walked into the store if they would want that price?  When searching in Google it shows they had the normal price when listed.   Guess they upped it once they noticed a lot of places were sold out.

Interesting...maybe, definitely a money making opportunity targeted to those unaware or impatient. :pI'm not willing to pay that much, I would just wait. 

Posted by: bump1 I really like it as well. I was thinking on waiting but I might go ahead and get one. My hinges broke on my refractometer. I am wondering why use the cup and not just stick it in your tank? said:
Read a hobbyist review today and he got a different reading by sticking it in the tank vs using the cup.  He compared it against a milwaukee digital unit and they were usually the same or .001 different.  He did say the icecap was reading a different temp than his other gauges but was within the +/- that was quoted in the manual.

OK, I got my new IceCap Digital tester  in today.  The temp is just a tad off from my tank temp. All is well there. My old unit is reading 1.025. This new unit is reading 1.030. Witch one do I trust ? I am thinking the new one as my old one is very old and it has not been tested in a long time so it might be off. I dont have the fluid to ck it so ill have to ck it tomorrow in town. This new one is fast and so far I am liking it. I wish I had this years ago when I had all my tanks going. Would of saved my a lot of time.  It does give a totally different reading without the cup so the cup is a must. I have tested it 3 times with the same results each time. View attachment 4544

Posted by: Opus The address on the webpage is for Elos.   I wonder if I walked into the store if they would want that price?  When searching in Google it shows they had the normal price when listed.   Guess they upped it once they noticed a lot of places were sold out. said:
I can respect the detective work. Elos Aqua Studios and Reef Specialty are owned by the same person and conduct business out of one commercial space. 

Hi Guys Saltwateraquarium.com has then in again if you want to buy one. They are 79.99  I love mine.