Green Slime

ss95003

Membership Expired
Does the stuff made to get rid of red slime work on green slime? My frag tank has tons of flow and i have it bad in there. Non in the main tank though.

@ss95003 wrote:
Does the stuff made to get rid of red slime work on green slime? My frag tank has tons of flow and i have it bad in there. Non in the main tank though. said:
Guess that's a good question since no response huh. I have no earthly idea so I'm waiting also just in case I need that info later. :lol:

Cheers,

From what I have been reading not likely supposed to be kind of hard to get rid of. Wierd it's only in the frag tank.

Well, I would not get the link to work but of course it can be copied and pasted into your brownser. I am new to the site and have to learn the ins and outs...

Do you have a photo of it?? Unless its a bacteria based one, the red slime removers probably won't touch it. If its an algae, you might try algaefix. I've used that on GHA and that ugly brown wafer algae you get on tongan rock and it knocked it out within a few weeks.

Also, what kind of snails do you have in that tank? You might want to add some Margarita or Nerite Snails. They chow down just about everything slimy. Nerites have a habit of climbing out of the tank though or staying up around the water line. I have them climb out of my rimless frag tank on a regular basis.