Good Shoaling fish

ss95003

Membership Expired
I have had blue green chromis in the past that did well. But looking for something with a little more color, or unusual. I plan on have lyrtail Anthias as well, but looking for something else that will stay in a pack some what. Any idea's?

I looked at some cardinals like orange lined or long spined, but they seem like they are a little to small. Really don't want a 180 tank with little neon tetras in it. Also looked at some different types of Chromis like the blue reef, or black bar but from what I have read they do not seem to shoal or do in numbers as the blue green chromis.

Am I stuck with the generic blue green Chromis?

I've had glass eyes and they are pretty plan, but very cool in a large school.
I've also done the anthias thing.
Have you thought about bar gobies, they will often school.
Assessors are great, but can get expensive when trying to school them.
Please NO ONE say firefish, they are NOT schooling fish.

Arn't assessors a little aggressive? Will look into the Bar gobies, not sure I know what they look like.

Drew got a pick of the bar gobies not sure I can find which ones you are talking about.
I looked at the Live aquaria they have a golden assessor those are really cool looking but recommended only 1 in a tank.

Also called zebra dart fish.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bar+gobies&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&tbo=d&tbm=isch&tbnid=UDfJDk-OEr3FCM:&imgrefurl=http://blog.aquariumpix.com/2010/07/barred-goby/&docid=_jN3ZC7aXqD4LM&w=600&h=402&ei=WtdPTpDsGsWHsgKP0vjpBg&zoom=1&biw=1024&bih=690

I have 5 blue assessors in my main tank, and for the most part they get along just fine. They are a very underrated fish, because they are extremely hardy. The initial cost to get them isn't cheap, but considering I started with 5 nearly 5 years ago and still have all 5, I'd say they are worth it.

I have a yellow assessor they are really shy fish I have had mine over a year.

Thise zebra dart fish are cool might have to add some

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might also look at blue gudgeons as another dartfish that live peacefully with thier own kind. A really beautiful blue/green irridescent fish. Pajama cardinals look fabulous in groups, too.

@Kerry's Reef wrote:
Might also look at blue gudgeons as another dartfish that live peacefully with thier own kind. A really beautiful blue/green irridescent fish. Pajama cardinals look fabulous in groups said:
got 6 of the blue gudgeons. they look pretty cool but are very shy. i am putting some chromis in there hopefully that will draw them out more.