Found a use for my center brace! (Algae Column)

I saw the pictures of the member's tank with the acrylic "Algae Tree" hanging vertically in the water column, and it got me to thinking...

I don't like getting my hands in the tank when I can avoid it either.

And, I've got one of those magnetic algae clips with a long stick to hold the clip out in the water column (I can't find a link to the thing for the life of me right now I'm afraid)

Anyway, I took the magnetic stick, ka-bob'ed 3 algae clips onto it, and secured it to my center brace with it's connecting magnet.

Now, I've got 3 clips of algae in the center of the tank, out in the open water column. I'm able to get the whole thing into and out of the tank without getting my hands in the water, and the fish seem to LOVE it!

PICT7819.med.jpg
alt="">

Cool Brian. I rigged up a veggie clip hanging off a piece of pvc. That way no one has to stick their hands in the tank to feed the tangs while I'm away.
I like the dry hands too.

Just curious how we can see the center brace in this picture. Do you always keep your water that high? By the way cool idea.

Ah-ha! Finally found a link to the product I used for this... It's the "H2O Life Magnet Seaweed clip"

http://tinyurl.com/ywqc6r

@ss95003 wrote:
Just curious how we can see the center brace in this picture. Do you always keep your water that high? By the way cool idea. said:
Er... :oops: Not intentionally... But, I've got a problem with weeds (Zoanthids) growing into the teeth of my overflows, thus raising the water level up... I keep meaning to just eradicate the pesky things, but just haven't been able to bring myself to do that, so yeah, I inadvertently do run my water level that high I guess...