Finaly got the tank up! - Need some feedback on the rock stack....

[
82033001.jpg
alt="">

front side from the left

82033032.jpg
alt="">

right side of tank

82033053.jpg
alt="">

front side from the right

82033077.jpg
alt="">

front side from the front

sorry about the blurry and uncentered pics I just got done messing with the rock and it is a bit cloudy, and I just snaped the pics with out even reviewing them]

Edited By saveourreefs on 1106368956

[Looks good. I like aquascaping that is more open for fish to swim. You may have some trouble cleaning the viewing panes of glass that have rocks right on them to where you can pass a magnet cleaner by. What size tank is it? How did you get rock to stay like that? It looks as though one bump might send a piece falling.]

[Thanks, its a 58 rr , the magnet can get just infront of all the rock JUST barrely, I have been stacking that rock for the past like hour or so, that is how I got it to stay like that LOL. I am still not 100% happy with it, but if and when I change it I will post some more pics, thank you very much for your reply and opinon.]

[If it were my tank I would be 100% satisfied with it. Also just remember from my experience, once you move one rock the other need to be moved too. Just a viscious cycle of moving rocks. I spend prob. a total of 10 hours accumalative doing mine over 5 times.]

[OK one more pic before I go to sleep,

82042023.jpg
alt="">

Dont you love that green color ? lol its actually a white color, but I am not to good with the camera tonight , the tank is a little clearer now, and I changed the bulbs out. Good night all]

[What are those white fittings for, in each bulkhead? They seem to be bushings.]

[Well... see, I used 1 inch bulkheads, and I have a scwd on those holes for my retun, and soo I couldent put more than like 1.2k gph through the squid, sooo I used those "bushings" to reduce the 1 inch holes to 3/4 inch, and that gave it a little bit more velocity. I know they look really tacky,I might do something to conseal them a little bit more. Well have a good night, any sujestions on what else I could use instead of the bushings would be cool, preferibly something black...]

[Are you planning on putting anything connected to the bulkheads (i.e. loc-line)? if you are then locline is 3/4" and the white of the bushing will be covered by coralline in no time anyway.

IMO, if you aren't planning on connecting anything to the bulkhead I would remove the bushings. More velocity only creates flow in a small stream/area. Allowing the full pipe width will not constrict the flow as much and will result in a wider stream of flow. If you need to throttle the pump back before the SCWD use a valve after the pump but before the SCWD.

I think it's great that you drilled for 1" now since it will give you more options in the future. The rock work looks great by the way. :beer:]