Equalize tank temp

I plumped two 20g tank together side by side, with the idea that the filter and heater are put into one tank so thd other will have more room for my fish. It has been setup for week, but the temp different between is 6 degree, with the heater side much warmer. Apparently, the must not have enough water flow between the tanks. Any suugestion how to correct this issue ?

What is moving the water back and forth?

Sounds like no real flow between the two tanks. You almost need a second pipe to push water one way or the other. Got a pic?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

@jenkinscrew wrote:
Sounds like no real flow between the two tanks. You almost need a second pipe to push water one way or the other. Got a pic? Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk said:
Actually, I would have a powerhead pushing water from one tank to the other tank, and that flow should force the other tank to send water back. But you'll never get two pumps to match, no matter what.

I was thinking using a small pump to move water from one tank to the others.....but I will try the power head idea as well. Preferably, I would rather not using any electronic device to get the water across.

Pretty sure you will need at least one. Maybe if one pipe was at the bottom with a pump and a second pipe at the top at the water line, it would give you a surface skim effect like an over flow. You would have to play with the water level a bit. Don't think you will have much luck without a pump.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Agreed, you'll need at least one small MAXIJET or similar pump and a hose to push water from one tank to the other. That will force water through the PVC pipes as the water self levels between the two tanks.