dry rock

Were is the cheapest place to find dry rock. I found a website called marcorocks.com and had 100lbs for $215 anyone ever ordered and know the quality or a cheaper place to get it

@texasswangin214 wrote:
Were is the cheapest place to find dry rock. I found a website called macrorocks.com and had 100lbs for $215 anyone ever ordered and know the quality or a cheaper place to get it said:
Is that the correct spelling on the website? That brings you to a *parked* page with multiple related ads ... multiple vendors.

Thank you blenny and mike, have either of you ordered from there or know someone who has. And does DNA usually have it at that price I am waiting for my tax return looking for somewhere that has a pretty constant price.

I am a big fan of purchasing dry rock from bulk reef supply. I prefer their pukani.....weighs less and is more porous. You can also do some cool stuff with their tonga branch and shelf rock.

@Eric81 wrote:
I am a big fan of purchasing dry rock from bulk reef supply. I prefer their pukani.....weighs less and is more porous. You can also do some cool stuff with their tonga branch and shelf rock. said:
@Guppy Breeder wrote:
I like brs too I have the brs reef saver rock and love it said:
[smilie=clapping.gif] What they said [smilie=clapping.gif] +++++

@texasswangin214 wrote:
Thank you if they have it in stock when im ready i will probly go with the pukani looks easy to modify and work with. said:
It is pretty easy to modify.....you can cut it fairly easy with a hacksaw to make a flat bottom or side. I would recommend bleaching and acid washing it (not at the same time....do your research on how to do it) before you add it to your tank....could possibly save you phosphate and algae problems in the future. As holey (sp?) and porous as it is, it brings in a lot of dead organic material that you don't want rotting in your tank.

Just my take on MarcoRock. I've used their rocks for two of my tanks. And frankly if I ever build another (let's hope not, this last build was enough lol) it's what id do again. Love the rock with all the caves and holes and such. Also easy to work with by cutting sections of the rock with just some metal snips ( you can cut little columns until you get the shape you want). Here's a couple pics from a tank I had about 4 years ago [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423323877.276188.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423323886.607862.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh one other thing is that MarcoRock is thoroughly cleaned at their facility (pretty impressive set up by the pics I've seen online). I have only have rinsed mine in ro/DI for a couple minutes to get the dust off. No issues with excess nutrients. Not trying to sway anyone, just sharing my experience!

Thank you I had been waiting for someone who used it to comment did you tell them the sizes you wanted or did they just send you smaller pieces. I like getting smaller pieces and making a big rock as opposed to getting just big rocks and cutting them down

I have over 200# of live rock tonga bird nest Fiji and such. I need to get rid of. Willing to sell for 3$ #. If someone wanted all of it I would do 2$# and delivery can be arranged. 580-564-6214 txt or call

I got larger/medium pieces but then they also usually have a ton of rubble rock and tennis ball sized rocks in with it. However, you can call and give specifics and they will pick what you want.