Dream tank.. The 112!!

myleshammett

Membership Expired
Always wanted a deep shallow tank and talked my other half into it by selling the Nanos and just having one tank.

It will be 48x30x18 1/2" glass 3 sides starfire picking up the glass this Sunday finally. But while I was waiting a month I made a steel stand and the sump.(still have to skin the stand but it's on its way). Here are a few pics of the progress. Ill update as I go.

Stand pics
y6u4ataj.jpg
alt="">
2ebamy2e.jpg
alt="">

Sump pics..
uda8a8a8.jpg
alt="uda8a8a8.jpg" class="bbcode_img" />

Overflow going no teeth with a cover for a more sleek look and better surface skimming
4adavu5e.jpg
alt="">
The hole is for a 3/4" bulkhead where my locline will hook up didn't want the return coming over the overflow
tagujy4y.jpg
alt="">

That's all I have for now ill update again soon

Looks good I like my sump layout kinda like yours and now I have about 10 gallons of ato water

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Like 12.5 I think I have to move some baffles Bc I went to a right side overflow last minute due to where I'm moving the tank to.

I need to try and bring up my ATO water level. I left it 3" from the top just in case it fills up to much it would flow into the rest of the sump. Now I want it all the way to the top.

Did more work over the weekend
Got the glass in finally since I switch to a right side overflow I moved the baffles in the sump (pointless 2 hours)
Also made a silencer/micro bubble destroyer

A few pics
byqe2a6a.jpg
alt="">
u9usa5as.jpg
alt="">
4usyjype.jpg
alt="">
mygusaja.jpg
alt="">

Ordered all my stuff from rapidled total of 84 LEDs 2 heat sinks bought the fans from newegg total of 4 going with full spectrum
Rb blue cyan cw nw green deep red red orange uv should be perfect will be controlled by a reefkeeper got a lot to do still. Finish the stand silicone the tank on Friday build my lights next week and so on.

I'm going to order some jebao with the new controller from fish-street I was going to go with the new twin controller and 2 wp25
But the wp40 package is only 10$ more any reason why not to just go with the wp40? I figure I would only have to run then around 50% so they would last longer? Any input?

Matt, I would go with the 40s, for sure! The 25s push a very narrow beam of water. I have 2 40s in my 65 that run alternately. I have a 25 in my shallow frag tank, and I liked a 40 better in there, too.

I agree the 25s are also kinda small for that size tank I have 3 wp40s running in my shallow 4 foot rimless right now.

It is a rimless so it scares me to have to much of a wave in it. So I already ordered the 25s last Thursday if it's not enough ill get two more. That way I can have flow from 2 more directions.. Hide them in the back or something. About to put the overflow box in today then water test again.. Wanted to make sure i had no leaks before putting the internal overflow in

tu8anyte.jpg
alt="">going to go closed stand out a couple of fans in this weekend and finish the stand...I work out if town so I get one day a week to work on this.. Sucks

Why don't you have it done yet? They go from build to filled in 30 minutes on tv [smilie=tongueout.gif]... Great looking tank! Can't wait to see it in person!

@Sherman wrote:
Why don't you have it done yet? They go from build to filled in 30 minutes on tv [smilie=tongueout.gif]... Great looking tank! Can't wait to see it in person! said:
Ah yes... The magic of TV... Just add nutri sea water and your ready for fish. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Led plans
84 LEDs total 6 meanwell drivers two 6x20 heatsinks ect
te7y5ehu.jpg
alt="">
mumahymu.jpg
alt="">
avehyqyp.jpg
alt="">
After breaking 3 bits I made it
yty5e5u8.jpg
alt="">