Do Large Corner Bowfront Tanks Still Exist.

MartinMan

Premium Member
Does anyone know if these tanks are even still made?  I know Oceanic use to make them.  They had one at DNA for years, but can't find one any more.  May have to have one custom built.  Thinking 90 or 100 gallon glass, preferably not drilled.

Aqueon makes a 54 gallon curved glass corner aquarium both drilled and non-drilled.  They're a less common item than rectangles, so I'm not surprised they don't dedicate floor space to them, but I'm guessing they could get you one.As far a more traditional bowfronts go, they definitely still make the smaller ones up to 72, but I haven't seen a bigger one in a while.  I know where a couple larger used ones are, but none in show quality condition.Larger than that you might be stuck with a custom.

Yeah, the Aqueon 54 is what I have now.  Apartment dweller, third floor, but we're thinking of moving to a house, slab foundation, so a bigger tank is on the moving list.  I love the looks of a corner Bow out in the middle of the room, and I'm only interested in LPS and Soft corals, just need more room for fish.  Can't seem to keep more than 7 2 inchers.  Where would be the best place to have a 100 gallon corner Bow non drilled tank made,  I understand Oceanic is no longer an option.

I didn't inspect it too closely but DNA has a 180 glass bow front (6 footer, not a corner) in what appeared to be good condition in their used tanks at the right end of the store.Some of the local custom builders still claim to do curved glass.  I can do some digging if you want, but your LFS of choice probably has a better relationship with them.