DIY vs Storebought 2 part additives

scttwhtmr

Membership Expired
I've been reading on 2 part additives and there are several recipes online. I was curious how many of you make your own vs how many of you buy the additives. If you make your own what recipe do you use? I have seen several but they're all variations on a theme, just minor differences overall. Thanks.

When I used to do dose two part I bought my 2 part at Leslie's pool supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We see about a 80/20 ration on those who buy vs self made. We are a retailer though so not all of our customers are die hard reefers, but I would say most die hard guys mix there own. And just an FYI to you and all those who do mix their own, we sell all that bulk product and we are very proud to be cheaper than BRS. :)

I can't remember the Leslie's brand name but they sell soda ash and also the calcium. You might check out dr fosters smith they are selling bulk two part and I think it is a good price

I buy the bulk 2 part at Drs Foster & Smith. Over labor day I was able to pick up the 7/8lb bulk 2 part for under $13 each with free delivery.

Thank you all for the input. I appreciate the help. I'm planning on making my own but just wanted to see what others are doing as well.

Like I said earlier compare the prices from dr fosters smith and Leslie's pool I can't remember which one is cheaper . If your ph is usually high you can use reg baking soda which you can find cheap or make your own soda ash

Bake the baking soda in the oven