Deanb's 210 gallon mixed reef

Ok guys forgive me I have not updated my thread. Here are a couple of pictures that I think speak for them selves.

23270644.jpg
alt="">

0d652750.jpg
alt="">

a543f48d.jpg
alt="">

e3bc6af1.jpg
alt="">

0032b55e.jpg
alt="">

[[WATER!]]

54d852bc.jpg
alt="">

9933a5ab.jpg
alt="">

d92c9062.jpg
alt="">
(zoa island [smilie=smile.gif] )

4a4cc494.jpg
alt="">

a4a4428f.jpg
alt="">
(My small chalice collection)

I know you are in school, so how are you able to afford this hobby? I'm impressed.

That's freaking awesome. My pops is my best friend too. Great tank! The two of you have done well!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

@Deanb wrote:
I have a very loving dad. We share the hobby. It's our father/son hobby said:
That makes sense to me. You guys are doing a great job.

Brady...this is awesome. I'm impressed too. You & your dad make a great team. Congratulations on such a big & successful project. I need to stop in & see it in person!

Bev

Got a gold rim tang the other day. He is doing great no ich.

Perimeters:

Calicum: 300

Alkinity: 10.6

Magnesium:1040

Keep in mind i still need to dial in my dosing pump.Also my acans seem to be sucked up a lot. What parameter would affect them the most?

Well, all three of those as well as salinity and temperature.

Try to get Calcium to 375 - 400ppm.
Alkalinity would be better at 9 dKH.
Magnesium at 1380ppm.
Salinity at 1.026sg / 35ppt.
Temperature 79F to 81F or thereabouts.

Salinity is 1.024, temp is 76-79, LEDs put off no heat and less evaporation than my 110. So far they are paying off

Well all of my tangs have ich. [smilie=crying.gif] I'm going to put them in a 75 with hypo salinity for 4 weeks and see how it works out

How bad is the ich? You would have to take all fish out to leave the tank fallow for 4 to 6 weeks.

@Marc wrote:
How bad is the ich? You would have to take all fish out to leave the tank fallow for 4 to 6 weeks. said:
It's getting pretty bad. I'm not really sure where it came ither. I bought a cleaner wrasse and shrimp the other day but I dont think they can do much at this point

You need to get the fish out to hypo or you might start losing corals to if you do hypo in the main tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far the wrasse and shrimp are constantly cleaning the tangs. I'm going to see how it works out. I'm also going to raise the temp a little bit to help

Tank looks great Brady and for you folks that dont know this 14 year old young man , I have had the pleasure to meet him and his wealth of knowledge is unbeleivable for his age. His father is also a great man they make a great team and did a wonderful job on the build I have purchased some corals from Brady and always got a great deal and great corals. Good job you guys