Deanb's 210 gallon mixed reef

Deanb

Membership Expired
Since i just bought a new setup I thought it would be a great time to start a build log! Here is the equipment list. I will be building the stand myself, it is 2"x2" metal 14 gauge. Later on I will also build my own canopy but will use the one it came with for now.

Tank - Used AGA 210 gallon 72"x24"x29"

Sump - Trigger Systems 36" Berlin refigum

Lighting - Steves Leds 72" SPS grade retrofit,Steves leds sump light, and Steves leds controllable moon lights. All controlled with my APEX and VDM

Pumps - Reeflo snapper for return and PCX-40 for closed loop

Skimmer (for now) Trigger Systems 500 skimmer. Looking to get a reef octopus extreme cone

Flow - Tunze 6100 and some koralias. Looking to upgrade to a wave box or some mp-40's in the future

Filtration - NatuReef denitrator CDECX-3 and Korallin 3002 Calicum reactor

Contoller - APEX lite

Current fish (subject to change as i will be selling some fish)
Sailfin,Yellow, and hippo(x2) tangs
Scooter Blenny
Engineer goby
Royal Gramma
FoxFace
Firefish(x2)
6 line wrasse
Chromis(x5)
2 mated pairs of clownfish

In the process of build the stand now so everthing is in the 110.210 should be up and running in 2wks or so.

If you don't want the E. Goby I would love it!! I have 3 that I have had since they where 2 inches long. 2 of them are over 12 inches the 3rd one is stunted. it's tail was bit When it was little baby and it stopped growing at about 7 inches

@Breezy wrote:
If you don't want the E. Goby I would love it!! I have 3 that I have had since they where 2 inches long. 2 of them are over 12 inches the 3rd one is stunted. it's tail was bit When it was little baby and it stopped growing at about 7 inches said:
I'll keep you in mind. I've herd they Will eat smaller fish

I have not lost any fish that I know of to the E. goby but they do keep the sand stirred.. Mine change the rock work when one of their tunnels collapse. I knew I wanted them so I put PVC pipe in the sand bed for tunnels but they rarely us it

Progress will be slow till I find some time to build the stand. On the other half my friends gave me their 75 gallon so now I have a trasnfer tank

Got the Stand cut and welded today sorry for slow progress as I'm trying to pack in my scuba cert. Before I go to Belize in a couple of weeks. All comments appreciated-thanks

Also would like to thank my dad for helping on this project,it wouldst be possible without him.

Anyway should i got with the trigger systems skimmer or a reef octopus?

It has been real slow lately. Between vacations,and mission trips ive barley been home. Hope to see water in this puppy mid july [smilie=clapping.gif]
On the down side my rodi is making a strange hissing sound, anybody know what could cause that? I have a auto shut off valve if that may be the problem.

The hissing sound is the flow restrictor doing its job. It is limiting the waste line's flow. It should be silent went turned off, but if you still hear it, the waste water is continuing to flow.

6b6f0320.jpg
alt="">

I like new toys! Some say that they cant keep up with these big tanks, but with my tank being 100% led i should have less evaporation.

Ive got some more stuff coming in!

9170f2ee.jpg
alt="">

[Update:]Stand is almost done. But the big tank cant go up till the 110 is gone.

Good choice on the BRS reactor!

I have the dual canister reactor and use ROX carbon and the granular ferric oxide. Hoping that the modified trigger system sump and the newly added ATS lets me get rid of the reactors and even skimmer soon too.

My dual reactor is coming! [smilie=clapping.gif] Im going to run carbon, gfo, and bio pellets.