DavegG99's glss box of colored sticks

@Titus wrote:
[I]@DaveG99 wrote:[/I][quote="I cant fix my post but I dont think Planet is in Garland. said:
Planet Aquarium is in an industrial park in east Dallas... about 1 mile south of I30/Loop 12 interchange."]

Thanks. Yeah I been there a few times but for some reason I said garland. Wish we could edit but oh well.

@DaveG99 wrote:
[I]@Carabelli wrote:[/I][quote="Awesome tank ... Who built the tank said:
Planet Aquariums in Garland.

I should change the name of this thread to Daves glass box of bleaching sticks! Seriously though I have bleached some of my sps with the addition of the ATI fixture. I have recently raised the fixture up pretty high and Im hoping it helps."]

Start dosing brightwells koral color it helped bring back colors when I ran an ati power module and was getting same bleaching issue on my shallow tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@DaveG99 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Carabelli wrote:[/I][quote="Awesome tank ... Who built the tank said:
Planet Aquariums in Garland.

I should change the name of this thread to Daves glass box of bleaching sticks! Seriously though I have bleached some of my sps with the addition of the ATI fixture. I have recently raised the fixture up pretty high and Im hoping it helps."]

Start dosing brightwells koral color it helped bring back colors when I ran an ati power module and was getting same bleaching issue on my shallow tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"]

Ill look into that. Thanks. Yeah I didnt think the ATI fixture could be so strong but it really is. I have raised the fixture up and moved some of the worst bleached corals to shadow areas.

You will be surprised the amount of par get put out. When I measured par on my old power module on the shallow tank I was getting close 500 par I had to raise the fixture and add true actinic bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tank only has about 13-14" of water and some of the corals are only 3-4" under the surface. I just got a 250ml of koralcolor on amazon for $15 shipped. Not bad. Ill post results.

I think my corals have adjusted to the lighting and my tank seems to finally be getting stable. I have been dripping kalk for a couple months now and it keeps up with my evaporation so the drip is like an auto top off as well. I am currently using two 50watt hydor theo heaters I had laying around. One is stuck to the on position. These heaters are junk! Thankfully my tank is about 55 gallons total water volume so the stuck heater doesnt affect it any. I liek to keep my house cold in the winter (65-68) and these little heaters wotn be able to keep up. Im already getting 3-4 degree changes in the tank over one day when it gets cold. Today I should be getting a 200 watt via aqua titanium heater. I ordered it a few days ago and supposedly its a good heater with good reviews. I used a $30 off coupon from MACNA at petsolutions and got the heater plus a 11" pair of tweezers and a couple clamps for $20. I wanted a cobalt heater but they dont sell them so I figured the viaaqua was the best they had. I am positive my SPS dont like 4 degree changes in temperature and this new heater should help keep things more consistent.

Here is an updated picture

20121027_161837-1.jpg
alt="">

Took a blue plus out and added an aquablue special yesterday

So this is what I have back to front
coral+
blue+
purple+
aquablue special
blue+
blue+

I like it better than what I had before but I think it would be even better with a coral plus in there instead of the aquablue special. I would have gotten a coral plus but SOS lighting doesnt carry them. Maybe Ill put an order in soon for some bulbs.

These pictures are taken with my galaxy S3. I can probably play with the settings to make them better once I learn how to do that.
20121108_131642_HDR.jpg
alt="">

20121108_131630.jpg
alt="">

I couldnt pass up the deal I got on a few items this black friday/cyber monday. I bought a avast ATO top off at 30% off and I bought a maxspect razor 160watt 16k fixture. So new lights and an ATO are on their way. I will have to see if I like the LED's vs the ATI fixture I have now. Im happy with the ATI but I wanted to try something different.

My maxspect razor r420r 27" 160watt fixture is "out for delivery". Should be waiting for me at home after work. Im excited to try this thing out and compare it to my ATI sunpower 6x24. I will post pictures and my review once I get it set up this evening.

THIS LIGHT IS AWESOME! Im overwhelmed with the adjustability but lll keep messing with it and find a setting I like. Well here it is on the tank. I think it looks great!

My settings are
9am A 0 B 0
12:30pm A 5 B 45
4pm A 40 B 60
6pm A 65 B 80
9pm A 25 B 70
11:30pm A 0 B 0

Pics were taken at 80% White and 90% blue
20121201_123313.jpg
alt="">

20121201_123300.jpg
alt="">

20121201_123226.jpg
alt="">

I have only dripped lime water but plan on starting to dose so I have been taking some readings with my red sea test kit. I stopped dripping lime water for a couple days before theses readings were taken.
12/14/12
Ca: 450
DKH: 9.8
Mag:1300

12/16/12
Ca: 440
DKH:9.8
Mag:1300

I guess my small frags dont use up much. Im probably going to just keep on dripping the 1.5 gallons of lime water every other day like I have been. It seems to be keeping up with my levels. I also do a 10% water change weekly so that might also be contributing to maintaining the levels.

I took some new pictures with my phone too.

20121211_170744.jpg
alt="">
20121211_170755.jpg
alt="">
20121211_170841.jpg
alt="">
20121211_170903.jpg
alt="">
20121211_170953.jpg
alt="">
20121211_171045.jpg
alt="">

Ran across this thread while looking for info on your old 40B. Beautiful piece of living art! Well done.

@J.Davis wrote:
Ran across this thread while looking for info on your old 40B. Beautiful piece of living art! Well done. said:
Yeah the 40breeder was great until I had an electrical fire then got out of the hobby for a while.

Just found your old 40B build thread... gotta love "Search". The way your 40B turned out, always had me wanting one. Looks like your off to another beautiful build.