DavegG99's glss box of colored sticks

Just picked up my new tank today. Its a 32"x24"x14" (43gallons) rimless tank with beveled edges, PVC bottom, black vinyl put on the back, and it has a glass holes 700gph overflow and 3/4 return. I will be running a 20gallon sump in the custom stand that I have already built. I currently have a 10 gallon with my SPS frags, one clown fish, and rock in it just waiting for this tank to be filled. This tank will be primarily SPS with a couple small fish.

Equipment:

Flow: MP10 (will buy another soon)
Light: ATI sunpower 6x24
Skimmer: Reef Octopus NWB110

I plan on adding a reactor running GFO and Carbon. But Im going to wait until its running for a while. I also plan on dosing two part once I build up my SPS collection. So far I only have 6-7 frags. The only thing I have left to do is get my stand into the living room from the garage, build the light holders out of metal conduit, and hook up my plumbing. Ill probably have that done by Sunday night. Then its gonna get WET!

f7d3b972.jpg
alt="">
907ad008.jpg
alt="">
027249bb.jpg
alt="">

Went to home depot today and bought a couple pieces of 3/4" conduit. I used a pipe bender right there in the isle at the store. took like 2 minutes to figure out and I have never used a pipe bender before. I just guessed at the height of the pipes and it came out perfect. The 10ft sections of pipe are only like $3.50. I used hack saw I had to cut through the pipes. I think it looks pretty good so far. Im probably going to paint the pipes black and put metal caps on the ends. The cable that came with the ATI fixture is super long. I guess I have to clip off the excess wire.

d3e001a0.jpg
alt="">

da190f1d.jpg
alt="">

I still havent done my plumbing but thats a pretty easy thing to do.

c15afc8a.jpg
alt="">

ed34a930.jpg
alt="">

this picture shows the different color bulbs.
From left to right...blue+,blue+,coral+,purple+,blue+,blue+
1a271f43.jpg
alt="">

Been messing with some old rock I had sitting in a tub in the garage. This rock was from my old 40 breeder. Im going to use the live rock from my 10 gallon that is currently running and then Im going to add a couple of these pieces as well. But the amount in this picture is probably all Im going to use. Im going to have a minimum amount of rock in this thing. Probably goign to have an "L" shaped rock structure in the back left side and then a small island in the front right part. .

I have also decided I am going to use sand even though I have a black PVC bottom.
1ff1c512.jpg
alt="">

Here are some of my SPS in my 10 gallon.

b93b2ce4.jpg
alt="">

2ea09aed.jpg
alt="">

This weekend I plan on getting the plumbing done and painting the light hanger poles black

Bought some new frags today. Got a pink digitata, green digitata, tyree war coral favia, a green and blue stag (forgot the fancy name), some bam bam zoas, an orange meteor shower coral. Thanks shmoopy! I'm probably going to go back for more. I really need to get this tank filled so I can have more room. I have 16 frags right now.

16e62d25.jpg
alt="">

d628a71f.jpg
alt="">

Just moved into the the new place this past weekend. I set up my 10 gallon on the stand for now with the ATI fixture over it. I am not setting up the new tank until my vacation is over. The 10 gal is very simple and much easier to handle for my non reefing buddy who is watching my tank for me while Im in the Bahamas next week.

finally got everything transferred and set up Sunday. I still need to add sand, more rock, and to set up an auto top off system. But its finally up and running and didnt have any leaks. The glass holes over flow is working silently. My corals are the happiest but Im sure things will get better soon. Once the water clears up Ill take some better pics with a better camera than my old iphone 3gs.

Water is still a little cloudy
6e00aef9.jpg
alt="">

the reef octopus skimmer is pulling some nasty stuff already.
2f3228d7.jpg
alt="">

Its cheato algae

Just added sand today so the water is cloudy. The white sand really brightens the tank up compared to the black pvc bottom. I reused my sand from my old 40 breeder. I just rinsed it in a 5 gallon bucket until the water looked pretty clean.

4f272c1d.jpg
alt="">

I added two pieces of dead rock I had in my garage dry for about 2 years. Just let it sit in a bucket of my waste water from my rodi for about 24 hours with a power head and I changed the water once during that time. It hardly caused a cycle at all. I plan on adding a couple more pieces to the sump eventually. Here are some updated pics.

66af5822.jpg
alt="">

d686378e.jpg
alt="">

5035838d.jpg
alt="">

@Carabelli wrote:
Awesome tank ... Who built the tank said:
Planet Aquariums in Garland.

I should change the name of this thread to Daves glass box of bleaching sticks! Seriously though I have bleached some of my sps with the addition of the ATI fixture. I have recently raised the fixture up pretty high and Im hoping it helps.

@DaveG99 wrote:
I cant fix my post but I dont think Planet is in Garland. said:
Planet Aquarium is in an industrial park in east Dallas... about 1 mile south of I30/Loop 12 interchange.