coral dip ?

bump1

Membership Expired
I made up a 1/2 gallon of coral dip to dip my corals and it was way to much. I assume I need to toss the rest out or do you save it for later use ?  I bought the ME brand. 

I got rid of that 1/4 gallon of dip I didn't use. I now know how much to mix up next time I need it. I dont know if the dip will loose it potency over time after mixing it with water so I just tossed it out. No need in it just sitting around. I sure would hate to use it later down the road and it not do its job because it was old and week. No need to take that chance.  

I find that anything that ends up with stray organic goo in it, be it coral dip, fish transport water, or worst yet the water in the bottom of my bandsaw, tends to be full of waste which eventually turns to ammonia.  It also breeds all sorts of unpleasant bacteria, which being non moving water tends to be the smelly, slimy, anaerobic variety.  As a result it gets dumped.  This is before accounting for any toxins that pests may give off when they die.  I agree with dumping it out.

It was the unused half of that half gallon I was wondering about.  I had a 1/4 of a gallon of unused dip left. I dumped it as I didn't know if it would still be strong enough to use and work right  later on.